Justin Lee

Rank 0

Traveler I

Pensacola, FL, USA
First Name
Justin
Last Name
Lee
Good day, My name is Justin and I am very excited to be a member of this forum. I do not have a dedicated overland vehicle at this time, but I want to be more active on here, so that when I do, I can benefit everyone. I will mostly be posting gear reviews and location reviews while I am shopping for my newest over-landing vehicle. I live in San Antonio and enjoy the environment and outdoor opportunities in Texas. Feel free to ask me questions, as I am sure I will have plenty on this journey. Thank you for having me.

Ben Cleveland

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Nashville, TN, USA
First Name
Ben
Last Name
Cleveland
Member #

Welcome Justin! I’m also in San Antonio. Check out the regional meet up section, we’re starting to try to get a local monthly meet up going.

What vehicles are you looking at?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Justin Lee

Rank 0

Traveler I

Pensacola, FL, USA
First Name
Justin
Last Name
Lee
Welcome Justin! I’m also in San Antonio. Check out the regional meet up section, we’re starting to try to get a local monthly meet up going.

What vehicles are you looking at?

Awesome to meet you. I would like to get together and participate in these meet ups! I am looking at any and all vehicles. Indecisive as can be.
Land Rover Disco = love the looks, hate the reliability.
Jeep Cherokee = Classic, but a little small for me.
Jeep Grand Cherokee = leaning here
Blazer or bronco = full size, love everything about them, except the price tag.
Whatever it is, it will start out cheap.

Expedition 626

Rank II
Launch Member

Contributor III

Macdill AFB, Hillsborough County, Florida, United States
First Name
Ryan
Last Name
Miller
Member #

Awesome to meet you. I would like to get together and participate in these meet ups! I am looking at any and all vehicles. Indecisive as can be.
Land Rover Disco = love the looks, hate the reliability.
Jeep Cherokee = Classic, but a little small for me.
Jeep Grand Cherokee = leaning here
Blazer or bronco = full size, love everything about them, except the price tag.
Whatever it is, it will start out cheap.
Nice to meet you Justin. Names Ryan, also in SA. Can't go wrong with the classics, but it doesn't matter what you drive as long as you're getting out there.

Justin Lee

Rank 0

Traveler I

Pensacola, FL, USA
First Name
Justin
Last Name
Lee
Nice to meet you Justin. Names Ryan, also in SA. Can't go wrong with the classics, but it doesn't matter what you drive as long as you're getting out there.
Pleasure is mine Ryan. Oh I get out there. I brave the wilds of I-35 northbound everyday at 4pm! Another reason I love adventure and the outdoors, to get away from that travesty.

Ben Cleveland

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Nashville, TN, USA
First Name
Ben
Last Name
Cleveland
Member #

Reoccurring - First Monday Meet ups @ Tycoon Flats - 06/04/2018
https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink?share_fid=1030797&share_tid=15745&url=https://www.overlandbound.com/forums/index.php?threads/Reoccurring---First-Monday-Meet-ups-@-Tycoon-Flats---06-04-2018.15745/&share_type=t

I think we’re still doing it next month. Also talking about doing some type of install day sometime in July, @Hybrid_Offroad has some parts he needs to install and we might end up doing some impromptu get together around that.
San Antonio, TX trusted garages
https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink?share_fid=1030797&share_tid=15510&url=https://www.overlandbound.com/forums/index.php?threads/San-Antonio,-TX-trusted-garages.15510/&share_type=t

I’m sort of sketchy right now honestly, I’ve just recently joined this community and super excited about getting more involved, but works kicking my butt this month and free time is limited. So my attendance to any of these things right now is up in the air but that’s stuff and convos happening in our OB community here in San Antonio.

“Getting out” in Texas is a bit different than other states. Lots less public land, state parks are cool but often not very “remote”. Totally still stuff to do out there, but I’m learning it takes effort, research and planning to get off-road and camp, in a vehicle, while not trespassing.
The biggest exceptions are Big Bend and Big Bend Ranch. Remote, off-road friendly, and awesome. They’re just a bit too far from SA for a short weekend trip. If we were closer I’d be out on those trails every single weekend.