Advocate III

Highlands Ranch, CO, USA
First Name
Charles
Last Name
Townsend
Member #

Hello Everyone,

I am just getting in to Overlanding after watching hours and hours of YouTube videos and following people on Instagram. Lifestyle Overland has really helped get my wife and son on board, so thank you especially! I love the outdoors and camp, hunt and fish as often as possible. I have never "overlanded" though but it looks amazing. I have very minimal gear (I'll just use what I have for camping) and very little knowledge of overlanding, but can't wait to get out there!

Right now, we've got a stock 2017 JKU Sahara that is more capable than I am at this point so will work just fine while learn.

I can't wait to meet some of you and to learn from you.

See you out there!

Charles

Boort

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Colorado
Member #

@Cgtown01

Welcome from another Colorado Member.
Minimal Gear can be overcome. Check out Rental Camping Equipment | Rent Tent | Backpacking Equipment, Home Page | Wilderness Exchange, Denver Colorado, or New & Used Sporting Goods | Fitness & Workout Equipment | Play it Again Sports | Play It Again Sports (locations near you in Castle Rock Aurora, and Lakewood) all offer great deals on equipment. Outdoors geek even offers rentals providing an extended try before you buy option.

Beyond that lots of folks down on the Front range with Jeeps who can recommend good places. As a Toyota driver I find that 4wheel Parts is very Jeep-centric so might be a good spot to start looking.

Keep an eye on the Rally Point there is one set up for the Front Range at the end of the month. (I tried to get you a pointer but the Devs are working on Rally Point functions lately and the events page goes to error.) the events page is located at Events Archive - Overland Bound

See ya on the trails...
Boort

Reactions: Welding Goats

Welding Goats

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Midland, TX, USA
First Name
Ronn
Last Name
Reeger
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WRXB227
Welcome to the forum from West Texas. Kudos for getting the family involved.

Chadlyb

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate III

Bend, OR, USA
Member #

Hello Everyone,

I am just getting in to Overlanding after watching hours and hours of YouTube videos and following people on Instagram. Lifestyle Overland has really helped get my wife and son on board, so thank you especially! I love the outdoors and camp, hunt and fish as often as possible. I have never "overlanded" though but it looks amazing. I have very minimal gear (I'll just use what I have for camping) and very little knowledge of overlanding, but can't wait to get out there!

Right now, we've got a stock 2017 JKU Sahara that is more capable than I am at this point so will work just fine while learn.

I can't wait to meet some of you and to learn from you.

See you out there!

Charles
Hello Charles and welcome to the OB crew...great vehicle for your adventure platform. Look forward to seeing your build and your adventures. Make sure you put Gunnison Colorado Aug 1-4 on the calendar. 1st annual ROCKY MOUNTAIN Overland RALLY. I and others are attending. There are classes and driving clinics for the whole family. Would love to see you all there. Welcome to the Family.

Charles Drives Things

Rank IV
Launch Member

Advocate III

Highlands Ranch, CO, USA
First Name
Charles
Last Name
Townsend
Member #

@Boort
Thank you for the helpful links! I'm going through the checklist provided on the site, and I have a majority of the items so I've got a good start. I would love to make my first Rally Point but won't be able to go to this one, unfortunately. I will keep an eye out though!

Reactions: Boort

Charles Drives Things

Rank IV
Launch Member

Advocate III

Highlands Ranch, CO, USA
First Name
Charles
Last Name
Townsend
Member #

Hello Charles and welcome to the OB crew...great vehicle for your adventure platform. Look forward to seeing your build and your adventures. Make sure you put Gunnison Colorado Aug 1-4 on the calendar. 1st annual ROCKY MOUNTAIN Overland RALLY. I and others are attending. There are classes and driving clinics for the whole family. Would love to see you all there. Welcome to the Family.
That would be great! I've got it on the calendar, see you then if not sooner!

Reactions: Chadlyb