New to Overland but not new to off-roading Colorado

• HTML tutorial
Hi Everyone!

After a bit of struggles with getting established here....

THANK YOU for letting us participate!

Soooo....I wasn't sure what "Overlanding" was but after a few videos and doing a bit of surfing I stumbled across you all!

I have a '93 Jeep Wrangler (YJ) that I have babied for years and modded it for the things I wanted to do with it. Many adventures and tons of stories but at this point in our life we are going to part ways. Not a bad thing...but with two dogs, a wife of 25 years, and literally wanting something that will be able to carry our gear...we need a different vehicle.

Don't get me wrong....I want to keep the "evil twin" aka the '93 YJ but with another potential kiddo on the way the YJ is not going to cut it. It will tackle just about any trail for off-roading but life happens and we are now looking for a small truck to replace it.

To be honest, I never heard of the "Overlanding" community until I stumbled across this forum while looking at videos on Youtube.

It seems like many of us in the 4x4 community have done this for a long time but now the term "overlanding" is new. TO US!

I have always wanted a Tacoma for many years....but now that we are going to purchase yet another vehicle (gotta sell the YJ to do it) both my wife and I realize that a small truck would fit our needs. Still awaiting the Ranger to hit the dealer as we have some potential issues with the Taco.

I want so say this before I post anything else.....the videos from Mike have been GREAT!

We spent the weekend watching just about all of them and it seems like this is an incredible community with NO JUDGEMENT on vehicles or why someone wants to get outdoors!

I look forward to being a part of this community and please bear with me with questions....I will have a ton!

Mike :)

Reactions: Kent R

Boort

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Colorado
Member #

@ColoradoMike

Welcome from another CO car camper. Found this place about the same way. Come in sit down and share in the wisdom. Lots of threads here on pros, cons, and input on choices for vehicles to get out and explore.

Boort

Boort

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Colorado
Member #

@ColoradoMike
Thanks for the welcome Boort
Still trying to figure out things here !
Glad to have another member from CO on board. The Centennial state seems to hold it's own around here with active members.
Understand, The admins shuffled the interface just before the holidays, to make some nice improvements. Let me know if I can help point you in the right direction. I'm just a user but happy to point out features if I can.

Boort

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hi Everyone!

After a bit of struggles with getting established here....

THANK YOU for letting us participate!

Soooo....I wasn't sure what "Overlanding" was but after a few videos and doing a bit of surfing I stumbled across you all!

I have a '93 Jeep Wrangler (YJ) that I have babied for years and modded it for the things I wanted to do with it. Many adventures and tons of stories but at this point in our life we are going to part ways. Not a bad thing...but with two dogs, a wife of 25 years, and literally wanting something that will be able to carry our gear...we need a different vehicle.

Don't get me wrong....I want to keep the "evil twin" aka the '93 YJ but with another potential kiddo on the way the YJ is not going to cut it. It will tackle just about any trail for off-roading but life happens and we are now looking for a small truck to replace it.

To be honest, I never heard of the "Overlanding" community until I stumbled across this forum while looking at videos on Youtube.

It seems like many of us in the 4x4 community have done this for a long time but now the term "overlanding" is new. TO US!

I have always wanted a Tacoma for many years....but now that we are going to purchase yet another vehicle (gotta sell the YJ to do it) both my wife and I realize that a small truck would fit our needs. Still awaiting the Ranger to hit the dealer as we have some potential issues with the Taco.

I want so say this before I post anything else.....the videos from Mike have been GREAT!

We spent the weekend watching just about all of them and it seems like this is an incredible community with NO JUDGEMENT on vehicles or why someone wants to get outdoors!

I look forward to being a part of this community and please bear with me with questions....I will have a ton!

Mike :)
Welcome to Overland Bound!

Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planing page for trips being planed by members.
https://www.overlandbound.com/forums/forums/overland-bound-meetups.24/
https://www.overlandbound.com/forums/forums/overland-trip-planning.21/

If you have any questions message your Regional Director or Representative can help.
https://www.overlandbound.com/forums/threads/overland-bound-regions.5928/

JDGreens

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Englewood Co.
Member #

Welcome, got the chance to spend 4 days down in Ouray last August. Hoping to do more this summer. Hope to get the chance to met-up some time.