Last Name
Rose
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W7FSB
Service Branch
US ARMY Retired
where in Oregon, M Rose? I grew up in the Willamette valley
I am in a little town of La Grande in the Northeast Corner of the state. Almost halfway between Boise, Idaho and Kennewick , Washington. Where at in the Valley are you from. I spent a lot of time south central in between Albany, Sweet Home, and Springfield in my younger days.

M Rose

Local Expert
Mod Team

Advocate III

Northeast Oregon, United States
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Rose
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W7FSB
Service Branch
US ARMY Retired
My wife and I never heard of Elmira or Mapelton, but I have a few friends in Florence and Corvallis.

Eric Wade

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast II

Leesburg, Texas, United States
First Name
Eric
Last Name
Wade
Member #

Elmira is just North of Veneta, very close to Fern Ridge Lake on Hwy 126, heading west out of Eugene.
Mapleton is at the intersection of Hwy 36 and 126, a logging town on the Siuslaw river, which flows out at Florence.

JDGreens

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Englewood Co.
Member #

Hi and welcome to OB, I noticed you asked for some advice, well the only thing I can actually tell you is while my Xj was down (for modifications) I had the pleasure of riding along a couple times with a couple guys running 4-runners, one word of advice is you have a plenty capable rig already and should be fine exploring with it stock. That being said one of our local members has a build thread going on OB ( RedRunner87 ) and you might want to see what he is doing and pick his brain? I road with him before he started some of his recent mods. But I'm sure he would be happy to share his findings.
Hope to see some great pictures of your adventures in the future!

Reactions: Eric Wade

Billiebob

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

earth
First Name
Bill
Last Name
William
Member #

Welcome from Canada.

FourRunners are real capable stock, likely better riding stock too. I'd recommend using it for a year first. Best first "mods" are refrigeration, food storage and sleeping.

sakiwest

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate I

Brentwood, CA, USA
First Name
David
Last Name
West
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KO6M
Welcome! I’ve got a 4runner and love it. You should love it too. Quick easy mods include the rear differential breather relocation (helps with water crossing worries), headlights (check out xenondepot for some HID headlights not led) and tires. After that the world is your oyster!