New to overland and need some direction.

• HTML tutorial

Ubiety

Rank VI

Explorer I

Sammamish, WA, USA
First Name
Greg
Last Name
Ubiety
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
Ribs
The hubs are stock auto's, with the truck in 2wd they click and pop. Looks like the warn are 250 bucks.
I'll be buying some Warn manual locking hubs soon for the boy's J200, about $350 in our case. One of them made crunchy sounds when we bought the truck but that has now stopped. May need rotors as well.

dustan

Rank III

Enthusiast III

Northern Michigan
First Name
Dustan
Last Name
Tompkins
Member #

Axle is here and it's next to new looking, hope to get it on this weekend. The hubs will be here in a few days so hope this fixes everything.

Attachments

Reactions: Ubiety

dustan

Rank III

Enthusiast III

Northern Michigan
First Name
Dustan
Last Name
Tompkins
Member #

Looking at tires and wondering if the stock wheels would be fine with 265/75R16. I can get a 5th wheel for 35 bucks for a matching spare.

dustan

Rank III

Enthusiast III

Northern Michigan
First Name
Dustan
Last Name
Tompkins
Member #

So while I’m waiting for suspension parts to come in I started to get a list of things I need and try to figure out the need vs think I need. I have got lanterns and flashlights, small medical kit, Coleman stove, off brand jetboil, chair, cookware. And a few other things. For hot water I’ll build the DIY water tank for the roof. One of the things I’m looking at is toilet, Walmart has a 3 leg foldable seat for use with the sealed bags, Is that what most are using?

Reactions: Ubiety

Ubiety

Rank VI

Explorer I

Sammamish, WA, USA
First Name
Greg
Last Name
Ubiety
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
Ribs
So while I’m waiting for suspension parts to come in I started to get a list of things I need and try to figure out the need vs think I need. I have got lanterns and flashlights, small medical kit, Coleman stove, off brand jetboil, chair, cookware. And a few other things. For hot water I’ll build the DIY water tank for the roof. One of the things I’m looking at is toilet, Walmart has a 3 leg foldable seat for use with the sealed bags, Is that what most are using?
We use the Cleanwaste system. Pros and cons for either.

dustan

Rank III

Enthusiast III

Northern Michigan
First Name
Dustan
Last Name
Tompkins
Member #

So trying to find suspension parts for a 1st gen is very difficult. I can't find any shocks in stock and everything else would need to be made or special ordered. Ugh 2nd guessing the xterra now.