• HTML tutorial

AToyotaCalledAmelia

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Reno, NV
Member #

Hey everyone!

I'm Tyler, and I just moved to Reno, NV about a week ago from Southern California. My rig is an '85 Toyota Pickup 4WD named Amelia. I'd love to get connected with other members in the area, as I know absolutely nobody other than my brother who I live with. Whether it be a wheeling/camping/overlanding trip or even just grabbing a beer somewhere in the Reno/Tahoe area, I wanna get connected!

Hope to hear from ya'll soon

Tyler

Mike D.

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Reno, NV
Member #

Welcome to Reno. Always open to grab a beer. I've been in Reno since last November, so I'm always looking to explore the area when I'm not working.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using OB Talk mobile app

Reactions: tjk775

MBroenkow

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate I

Sonoma County, CA
Member #

You're not so far away from The Lakes Basin Recreation Area! This is within 1.5-2 hours of Reno up the Sierras north of Truckee. Its a fantastic area to camp, hike and even 4x4 (my avatar is from west of Wades Lake by the Four Hills Mine).

from Reno, take the 395 North to Hwy 70. This will take you to Portola, and then Blairsden where you'd turn left on Hwy 89 and south through Graeagle. After Graeagle turn right on Gold Lake Highway. Follow this up the hill and you're there! Gold Lake has a 4x4 campground on the north shore thats a big attraction for 4-wheelin'.

https://www.fs.usda.gov/recarea/plumas/recarea/?recid=71116

AToyotaCalledAmelia

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Reno, NV
Member #

You're not so far away from The Lakes Basin Recreation Area! This is within 1.5-2 hours of Reno up the Sierras north of Truckee. Its a fantastic area to camp, hike and even 4x4 (my avatar is from west of Wades Lake by the Four Hills Mine).

from Reno, take the 395 North to Hwy 70. This will take you to Portola, and then Blairsden where you'd turn left on Hwy 89 and south through Graeagle. After Graeagle turn right on Gold Lake Highway. Follow this up the hill and you're there! Gold Lake has a 4x4 campground on the north shore thats a big attraction for 4-wheelin'.

https://www.fs.usda.gov/recarea/plumas/recarea/?recid=71116
Thank you so much for the info!! I really appreciate it!

Reactions: tjk775

Stumblebunny

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast II

Reno, NV
Member #

Hi Tyler. There is a Reno Overlanding group that we just formed recently. We’ve done a couple of local Day runs and we are also now holding a monthly meeting at a bar /restaurant. We have a meeting tonite. Find the details under the Overland Trip & Event - Overland Bound Meet ups. Hope you can join us sometime

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hey everyone!

I'm Tyler, and I just moved to Reno, NV about a week ago from Southern California. My rig is an '85 Toyota Pickup 4WD named Amelia. I'd love to get connected with other members in the area, as I know absolutely nobody other than my brother who I live with. Whether it be a wheeling/camping/overlanding trip or even just grabbing a beer somewhere in the Reno/Tahoe area, I wanna get connected!

Hope to hear from ya'll soon

Tyler
Welcome to Overland Bound!
You can find them on the meet-up page and the calendar.