Launch Member

Contributor II

Lynnwood, WA, USA
First Name
Joe
Last Name
Ulman
Member #

First chance ive had to post some pics of the new rig. The Wife and I had been looking at JKUs and LandCruisers for the last month or so. The XJ has. 285K on it and I wanted to retire it on our terms. After test driving a few JKUs and seeing the pool of affordable LCs dry up, my wife decided she would be willing to revisit the LJ. I picked it up last Fridat after work, drove it 1.5h home and loaded it up to go camping. IMG_20190902_182515_01.jpegIMG_20190903_071327_01.jpeg20190831_093732.jpeg

Specter

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Northern VA
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Pukish
Member #

Congrats on the new rig! Wishing you many days of safety and happiness with it.

PCO6

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Newmarket, Ontario
First Name
Stew
Last Name
Beatty
Member #

Nice looking LJ. I see from your second pic that yours came with a hard top which is a good thing as they go for about $1,500. Mine didn't and the previous owner added one later. It does not have the rear window defroster and wiper/washer switches like yours. In fact it has nothing related to the rear window. I've sourced most of the parts from TJ's and will be modifying them to fit the longer LJ.

It appears you don't have rust. That's the best part!

MrCoffee

Rank VI
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Springfield, Vermont
First Name
Chuck
Last Name
U
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KB1PMW
I just traded mine in a few months ago, needed another full size pickup.... miss it tons! had just over 50K on it, never seen snow..... (can you tell I am starting to whimper?)

A beautiful example of the LJ you have there! Enjoy the heck out it!

CascadeTraveler

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor II

Lynnwood, WA, USA
First Name
Joe
Last Name
Ulman
Member #

I've got a HP Ford Dana 44 I build for my old Cherokee that I will be swapping in and I also have a 231 box 4 rocks and a Dana 300 with flip kit that I plan to add. Basically making a redneck Rubicon.

Reactions: MrCoffee