Junktj

Rank III

Enthusiast III

Boone NC
First Name
michael
Last Name
ward
I guess this would be the correct place to post this?
I have for a while wanted a smaller trailer to pull off road for storage space and a more comfy sleeping arrangement.

I thought about trailers with a rtt , but the idea of getting my dog in and out was a problem....

I then looked at offroad teardrop, but they didn't offer much in the area of storage space....

So what I decided on was this...

20180206_202248.jpg

I so far have added a 3 inch lift kit, larger fenders, and soon to be mounted 31 bfg at's. The factory 20" tires shown in the pics aren't going to cut it....

20180211_182837.jpg

The 33s in the picture were ones I used to check wheel backspacing and clearance, obviously a tad too big...

Future plans are a lock n roll hitch, front and rear storage, a dc fridge, and a few solar panels to keep the 2 150ah batterys charged....

Plus maybe a mini bike strapped to the back for fun around camp....

Oh, and this is what it looks like partially setup. Sleeps 3, and has the all important A.C.!!!

20180206_190644.jpg

Junktj

Rank III

Enthusiast III

Boone NC
First Name
michael
Last Name
ward
Wow, that looks awesome. The bigger tires makes it look aggressive. Great job.
Thanks!

It will end up on 31" bfg a/s, just used that wheel in the picture to figure backspacing for new wheels.

S

SubeeBen

Sweet looking trailer &dig the upgrades. Good job & best of wishes with the build.

Reactions: Junktj

Junktj

Rank III

Enthusiast III

Boone NC
First Name
michael
Last Name
ward
Sweet looking trailer &dig the upgrades. Good job & best of wishes with the build.
Thanks! Lots more to do still . Hope to get the tires mounted on the new wheels this weekend and figure out which lock n roll hitch I need.

Junktj

Rank III

Enthusiast III

Boone NC
First Name
michael
Last Name
ward
Got the new wheels and tires finally mounted up. Ended up going with 31 mud tires.

20180313_184209.jpg

Next up is the lock n roll hitch.....

Reactions: Motoboss

B005

Rank 0

Traveler I

Denver
Hey, just ran across this thread in some research for the quicksilver 8.1. How have you liked the trailer so far and how does it hold up in the rain? I was looking at a VRV flyer but ran across a quicksilver 8.1 for less than half the price of the flyer.

CJ Desert Runner

Rank II
Investor

Contributor III

Fredericksburg, VA, USA
First Name
Kevin
Last Name
Hale
Member #

Picked up a qs 6.0 a couple months ago. Took it out a few times and is great. Not sure how "trail worthy" it will be on stock wheels. Can't wait for my cross country trip

Junktj

Rank III

Enthusiast III

Boone NC
First Name
michael
Last Name
ward
Picked up a qs 6.0 a couple months ago. Took it out a few times and is great. Not sure how "trail worthy" it will be on stock wheels. Can't wait for my cross country trip
Dexter makes a 2.75" lift for it, and new fenders make plenty of room for larger tires. While I had mine i beat on it plenty, very tough little camper.

Reactions: Rocky Mountain High