New to here from ETX

• HTML tutorial

Weston

Rank 0

Traveler I

East tx
I am new to the group from east Texas. I got some info off here for a recent trip to beavers bend and figured I would introduce myself and share some pics. I am running a 05 Jeep rubicon that is moderately modified(4.88 gears, jku sway bar disconnects, small lift, wheels and tires, snorkel, bumpers w/ winch, and a few other odds and inns) it will do anything I want it to do. My wife and I stayed in Hochatown OK for our anniversary and put a couple hundred miles on it down backroads and forest service trails. It is a beautiful area, just wish we would have had better weather. It rained the entire time.

Attachments

Chadlyb

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate III

Bend, OR, USA
Member #

I am new to the group from east Texas. I got some info off here for a recent trip to beavers bend and figured I would introduce myself and share some pics. I am running a 05 Jeep rubicon that is moderately modified(4.88 gears, jku sway bar disconnects, small lift, wheels and tires, snorkel, bumpers w/ winch, and a few other odds and inns) it will do anything I want it to do. My wife and I stayed in Hochatown OK for our anniversary and put a couple hundred miles on it down backroads and forest service trails. It is a beautiful area, just wish we would have had better weather. It rained the entire time.
Hello and welcome to the OB crew...nice looking Jeep and look forward to seeing your adventures.

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Welcome to Overland Bound!

Check the forum calendar and meet-up page for events and trips that might be happening close to you.
If you have any questions message your regional ambassador or you can contact me on the forum

@Kent R

RodneyTSU10

Rank II
Launch Member

Member I

Canton texas
Member #

We are heading up to beavers bend this weekend. First time going with the jeep. Are there any trails you would recommend? Thank you in advance!!

Weston

Rank 0

Traveler I

East tx
The trails were not marked at all by name. Most have numbers. U can get a Copy at forest service station or use the website. I hear that holly mountain trail is nice but we didn’t make it there. I should have done more research before we went. There is a “overland” map on here making a loop around the lake. That was my plan and we did it. The majority of the east side of the trail was just red dirt road thru planted pine tree plantations. I’m sure u could find some better trails on the east side closer to the lake. Another thing, all the “trails” we went down were gravel roads I could have drove my duramax down. Very easy

T.Shack

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer II

Red Bluff Ca.
Member #

Nice pictures thank for posting them!

Reactions: Weston

Weston

Rank 0

Traveler I

East tx
Posted 2 maps. One shows where u turn off of hwy 259. They were doing some construction on a bridge right before the turn off(doubt they are finished). As soon as u turn off the highway u will cross a river, stay on the main road and u will cross another river/creek, soon as u cross it there will be a road up a hill to the right. Take it and follow it for a while. The road will y, stay to the right head up the mountain. It is a dead end but some beautiful views and fun winding around the mountains. Called hee mountain of u look on a map. Hope this helps