• HTML tutorial

Contributor III

Belgium
First Name
Brecht
Last Name
Janssen
Hello,

I'm looking for some AT tires to put on my car, a toyota lancruiser 90 SWB. Currently sort of avoiding BFG ko2 because of the price and because almost everybody uses this tire.

I'm not going off road a lot, but I don't use my car everyday so I would rather have proper AT tires.

I am interested in the Cooper discoverer st-maxx , but I sometimes find mixed reviews of this brand and model of tire. Has anybody got experience with this tire?

Other recommendation of tires are welcome too. The car came with general grabber hts 60, nice tires but i want something more aggressive.

Thanks in advance!
Brecht

Attachments

Last edited:
Reactions: Viking1204

Ragman

Rank V
Investor

Explorer I

Geneva, IL, USA
First Name
Richard
Last Name
Gearhart
Member #

Hello,

I'm looking for some AT tires to put on my car, a toyota lancruiser 90 SWB. Currently sort of avoiding BFG ko2 because of the price and because almost everybody uses this tire.

I'm not going off road a lot, but I don't use my car everyday so I would rather have proper AT tires.

I am interested in the Cooper discoverer st-maxx , but I sometimes find mixed reviews of this brand and model of tire. Has anybody got experience with this tire?

Other recommendation of tires are welcome too. The car came with general grabber hts 60, nice tires but i want something more aggressive.

Thanks in advance!
Brecht
No experience with ST Max. But run STT PRO on the JKU and AT3 on the Raptor. I have been very satisfied with them. Both are 315/70/17. The E rated on the Raptor ride a little harder in back and did cost a bit in mileage vs. C rated oem.

Murphy Slaw

Rank V
Launch Member

Member II

Southern Illinois
Member #

These are made by Cooper, they're the Mastercraft, not too aggressive, but they're about gone at 40,000 miles.

However, they ride good and I've had no issues.

Viking1204

Rank V
Mod Team
Investor

Member III

Fort Walton Beach, FL
First Name
Scott
Last Name
Viking
Member #

Service Branch
Air Force Veteran
Hello,

Thanks in advance!
Brecht
After trying Goodyear Duratracs and I believe some Toyo ATs I decided to give the new Cooper Discover ST Maxx a try and of the 3 they are my favorite. They're not as noisy on the road, have good wet traction and sidewall grip for the sand which is abundant here in NW Florida! I think I have a about 10,000 miles on them and the wear looks good, lots of tread left!

MidOH

Rank IV

Off-Road Ranger I

Mid Ohio
First Name
John
Last Name
Clark
Ham/GMRS Callsign
YourHighness
Get the ST Maxx. Don't freak when you see the price. They'll be more than the BFG AT's.

Last I checked, the ST Maxx is built on the extremely strong STT carcass. Being able to air down, and still have great puncture resistance, is priceless. These will likely be my next tires, unless I remain lightly loaded. Then I'll get the STT pros.

BlueTinCan

Rank III

Enthusiast II

Frisco, TX, USA
First Name
Tripp
Last Name
Westbrook
Member #

I was in the same boat and wound up going with Hankook Dynapro AT2's. The tread is plenty aggressive for the overlanding I occasionally do and they're well suited for daily use. Plus they have a 60k warranty. Also much less expensive than BFG's