Southwest Missouri
First Name
Robert
Last Name
Conn
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KD0YIN
New here, but certainly not to webpage design and was wondering what the chances would be of adding in a new under the "OVERLAND GENERAL DISCUSSION " group that was particularly dealing with electronics, wiring, lights, power creation and distribution etc?

I am in the midst of preparing my rig for a wholesale wiring/light/solar/dual battery setup and seeing and hearing what others have done would be awesome. I have found some of this spread throughout the general discussion subforum but think it would be handy to have it's own forum.

Thoughts?

M Rose

Local Expert
Mod Team

Advocate III

Northeast Oregon, United States
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Rose
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W7FSB
Service Branch
US ARMY Retired
New here, but certainly not to webpage design and was wondering what the chances would be of adding in a new under the "OVERLAND GENERAL DISCUSSION " group that was particularly dealing with electronics, wiring, lights, power creation and distribution etc?

I am in the midst of preparing my rig for a wholesale wiring/light/solar/dual battery setup and seeing and hearing what others have done would be awesome. I have found some of this spread throughout the general discussion subforum but think it would be handy to have it's own forum.

Thoughts?
Power is generally discussed mostly under the Overlanding Gear/ DIY projects…

But yes I agree there should be a Power Distribution forum, or at least electronic forum

reaver

Rank VI

Explorer I

Caldwell, ID, USA
First Name
Brian
Last Name
McGahuey
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
GMRS WRMV941
I will second this suggestion. Having a forum dedicated to 12v systems. There's a ton to learn, and lots of different options. It would be great to have a central forum section dedicated to asking questions, answering them, and providing wiring diagrams for all sorts of different 12v accessories.

El-Dracho

Ambassador, Europe
Supporter
Investor

Inventor I

Lampertheim, Germany
First Name
Bjoern
Last Name
Eldracher
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
DO3BE
Yes, I think that's a good idea. Because there are always a lot of questions and misunderstandings about the wiring system, and mistakes can have serious consequences.

If there will be such a subforum, previous contributions to this topic, which are currently in the general part, should be moved there I think, so that you can find them again - as in a well-sorted library. It will be a certain effort to identify all these posts and weigh whether they should be moved or whether it makes more sense to leave them where they are. Happy to help with that.