Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Everett, WA
First Name
Tim
Last Name
Matthews
Member #

Not sure if this is the right place, I searched and didn't see a rule. But Alyssa and I just launched our website for gear reviews, videos etc. But we are also selling original overland Inspired apparel. Have a look if you have a moment!Www.offtrakexpeditions.com 41650095_2183273775331122_5959724700425781248_o.jpegreceived_1910909652335156.jpeg

Last edited:

FireMedicPQ1

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Rio Rancho, New Mexico
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K5PCB
Very cool. Suggestion on the T-shirts to maybe offer other state outlines? Just a thought. I'd be interested in a New Mexico with a 4Runner (in case you consider it). It might open up the market a bit.

Paul

Reactions: FJTim

FJTim

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Everett, WA
First Name
Tim
Last Name
Matthews
Member #

Very cool. Suggestion on the T-shirts to maybe offer other state outlines? Just a thought. I'd be interested in a New Mexico with a 4Runner (in case you consider it). It might open up the market a bit.

Paul
I really appreciate the feedback. We were playing with a few different designs for different states. Would you want a NM outline with your vehicle, or something more specific to that state?

FireMedicPQ1

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Rio Rancho, New Mexico
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K5PCB
I really appreciate the feedback. We were playing with a few different designs for different states. Would you want a NM outline with your vehicle, or something more specific to that state?
Thanks for allowing the input. NM's identity is the Zia symbol (see the NM state flag). If that was incorporated into a design, I think you'd have a winner. I may even add the FJ version to my order (I had an FJ for 10 years - loved it).

Boort

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Colorado
Member #

@FJTim
Liking the NM idea but would suggest another take. How about a series with state outline, Truck (FJ,T4R,Jeep...) and a checklist of some of the state's famous trails on the map? Would make CO more interesting that all of the variations on CO flags that I see EVERYWHERE these days.

Boort

FJTim

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Everett, WA
First Name
Tim
Last Name
Matthews
Member #

@FJTim

Liking the NM idea but would suggest another take. How about a series with state outline, Truck (FJ,T4R,Jeep...) and a checklist of some of the state's famous trails on the map? Would make CO more interesting that all of the variations on CO flags that I see EVERYWHERE these days.

Boort
Great idea! It's difficult to come up with something unique for each state that is more than just an outline. So I love the input. I also dont want them to be really basic looking. I'll come up with what I think you're talking about and see how they look. Thank you!

FireMedicPQ1

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Rio Rancho, New Mexico
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K5PCB

FJTim

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Everett, WA
First Name
Tim
Last Name
Matthews
Member #

Tim - Love it. I'll get an order in soon. Were you going to do one with an FJ as well? Also, for my Christmas list, I'd like to have the same design with a Jeep - Yes, some of my best friends drive Jeeps...
Great to here. I'll upload the FJ version tonight if you can give me about 3 hours. If I did a jeep version what colors and jeep would they want? Most likely I'd go with the JK to make it the most universal.

If you are ordering the FJ as well, hold off on the order to save shipping!

FireMedicPQ1

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Rio Rancho, New Mexico
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K5PCB
Great to here. I'll upload the FJ version tonight if you can give me about 3 hours. If I did a jeep version what colors and jeep would they want? Most likely I'd go with the JK to make it the most universal.

If you are ordering the FJ as well, hold off on the order to save shipping!
Yes on saving the shipping. I'll probably wait until you get the jeep version as well - and I can get some Christmas shopping done early! Yay! Universal Jeep model is fine I'd think since they mostly look similar. Not sure what you mean about the color. I would assume the shirts would be the same choices and the graphic would be the same with the rig swapped out. Let me know if I am confused.

FJTim

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Everett, WA
First Name
Tim
Last Name
Matthews
Member #

Yes on saving the shipping. I'll probably wait until you get the jeep version as well - and I can get some Christmas shopping done early! Yay! Universal Jeep model is fine I'd think since they mostly look similar. Not sure what you mean about the color. I would assume the shirts would be the same choices and the graphic would be the same with the rig swapped out. Let me know if I am confused.
No you've got it right. I've changed the navigation a bit to make it easier to find everything and uploaded the JK version of the New Mexico shirt. All state shirts are now under Apparel>Rep Your state. So we should be all set to go. Send me a PM if you need anything else or have any other feedback. Let me know how you like the shirts!

FireMedicPQ1

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Rio Rancho, New Mexico
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K5PCB
No you've got it right. I've changed the navigation a bit to make it easier to find everything and uploaded the JK version of the New Mexico shirt. All state shirts are now under Apparel>Rep Your state. So we should be all set to go. Send me a PM if you need anything else or have any other feedback. Let me know how you like the shirts!
Order placed. thanks for being so willing to design-on-the-fly.

Boort

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Colorado
Member #

@FJTim
Great idea! It's difficult to come up with something unique for each state that is more than just an outline. So I love the input. I also dont want them to be really basic looking. I'll come up with what I think you're talking about and see how they look. Thank you!
Yeah the Colorado state outline is kind of "square", boring, and really indistinguishable from Wyoming unless you add the mountains, highways, trails or something to distinguish the state.
Variations on the state flag seem to sell well, I'm just tired of seeing them as very few seem original anymore. Variations on the famous Green and White Mountain range license plate might work. Here is an upload of the "Greenie" plate that I started for doing some CNC decoration work on Drawer Fronts. I have not created a font for the letters but do have the bounding box in, and did draw up "Colorado", "RTK" (recreational truck) and the old 50's plate "Colorful" wording.
Boort