New Scottish member

• HTML tutorial

Traveler I

Hi everyone

Im a new member and recently purchased a 2006 Volvo XC70 D5 for some fun. I have a few cars and always loved the thought of having AWD and a sturdy motor that could take some punishment.

Im big on maintenance and have already changed all fluids and replaced the steering rack. I also had the timing belt and water pump done for peace of mind. The tyres were done when i bought it so i had to replace these as a priority.

My next plans are to rebuild the front suspension with all new bushes. Looking forward my long term plan is to do a lift kit, fit taller tyres and some spot lamps.

Anyway, i know people enjoy pictures so my first mini adventure was a trip around Loch Doon in South Ayrshire Scotland. Some of the pics are from the forrest road that was supposed to be closed from April to October. However it was open so i thought why not.

Looking forward to posting some build pics and enjoying the community.

CraigIMG_6709.JPG IMG_6737.PNG IMG_6683.JPG IMG_6643.JPG IMG_6678.JPG IMG_6639.JPG

Chadlyb

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate III

Bend, OR, USA
Member #

Hi everyone

Im a new member and recently purchased a 2006 Volvo XC70 D5 for some fun. I have a few cars and always loved the thought of having AWD and a sturdy motor that could take some punishment.

Im big on maintenance and have already changed all fluids and replaced the steering rack. I also had the timing belt and water pump done for peace of mind. The tyres were done when i bought it so i had to replace these as a priority.

My next plans are to rebuild the front suspension with all new bushes. Looking forward my long term plan is to do a lift kit, fit taller tyres and some spot lamps.

Anyway, i know people enjoy pictures so my first mini adventure was a trip around Loch Doon in South Ayrshire Scotland. Some of the pics are from the forrest road that was supposed to be closed from April to October. However it was open so i thought why not.

Looking forward to posting some build pics and enjoying the community.

CraigView attachment 88210 View attachment 88211 View attachment 88212 View attachment 88213 View attachment 88214 View attachment 88215
Hello Craig and welcome to the OB crew....great looking Volvo. Look forward to seeing your build and your adventures.

Polaris Overland

Ambassador, Europe

Pioneer I

Newtonhill, Stonehaven, Aberdeenshire, UK
First Name
Dave
Last Name
Spinks
Member #

Service Branch
Royal Navy Veteran
Welcome @Scottish Beaver I am your Regional Director so if you have questions or want to get involved give me a shout.
Check out Rally Point where we have a trip coming up in April around the Trossachs and a few meets arranged at some of the UK Overland Shows.
More trips will be added in due course as we continue to build our community.