Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Lawrenceville, GA
First Name
Jeff
Last Name
Martin
Member #

After spending a couple years with my 2018 Subaru Outback, and really enjoying the build and using it, we found we had need for more space. Our second daughter was born in May of this year, and after a trip from Atlanta to Emerald Isle, NC, my wife determined she had no desire to sit in the back between two car seats in the Outback for 7+ hours ever again.

So began the truck shopping in earnest. For a while, we’d been considering a truck as our next vehicle.

Long story short, ended up with a 2020 Raptor with most of the bells and whistles.

Attachments

martin_j001

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Lawrenceville, GA
First Name
Jeff
Last Name
Martin
Member #

First things to address was tint and ceramic coating. Got that done pretty quick, as I have done with most cars we own recently. This car will live outside, so protecting the interior and paint was a priority.

Next up was to address giving myself more storage capabilities. Added a Retrax ProMX tonneau cover, then a Yakima rack on top of that, and the SkinnyWarrior on top. Allows for use of the cargo box on the other side, or anything else that’ll mount to crossbars too.

This came in handy for a quick trip I had to make down to Daytona Beach to deal with some of my mom’s belongings.

Attachments

Last edited:

martin_j001

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Lawrenceville, GA
First Name
Jeff
Last Name
Martin
Member #

Next up was to give the interior of the bed a little more organization. Added some BuiltRight Industries bedside rack panels, with a rotopax mount on the right side, and some Fist clamps for tools that pretty much live in the truck in the left.

Attachments

Reactions: RoarinRow

martin_j001

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Lawrenceville, GA
First Name
Jeff
Last Name
Martin
Member #

Next mods to go in with be some lights. I’ve got a fog pocket kit coming, as well as some lights and mounts for the a-pillar.

For now though, I’m just enjoying the truck every time I drive it. I’ve had it up in N GA on dirt/gravel and on trails almost every weekend since I bought it.

Attachments

Reactions: Salvagediver

Salvagediver

Rank II

Contributor III

Conroe, TX, USA
First Name
Joseph
Last Name
Gillespie
Member #

I have a 2019 Raptor I’m working on. Your mod progression is exactly what I’ve done over the last year. Started out with Thule bars (had those from my 2009 F150) over the bed with the Retrax cover, but upgraded to frontrunner racks and just purchased a RTT tent this week. I have the Builtright mods, Warn winch, added fog lights. I’ll be posting my build soon, just have to get all the pictures in one spot. Lol. Good to see other Raptor owners doing the same thing I’m doing!

Attachments

Reactions: martin_j001

martin_j001

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Lawrenceville, GA
First Name
Jeff
Last Name
Martin
Member #

I have a 2019 Raptor I’m working on. Your mod progression is exactly what I’ve done over the last year. Started out with Thule bars (had those from my 2009 F150) over the bed with the Retrax cover, but upgraded to frontrunner racks and just purchased a RTT tent this week. I have the Builtright mods, Warn winch, added fog lights. I’ll be posting my build soon, just have to get all the pictures in one spot. Lol. Good to see other Raptor owners doing the same thing I’m doing!
Looking good! I debated a higher rack setup, but as I don’t currently plan to be carry a RTT, and this is more to increase my load carrying capacity, it was easier/cheaper to use my old towers for this. Debating even leaving the rack off unless I’m in need of it for a trip or something, but we’ll see.

Got my lights set up in the last few days. Need to spend a bit to zero in the aim on everything, and have some rock guards coming for the a-pillar lights to wrap up the lighting. Fog lights are (from outside to inside) wide/cornering, wide/cornering, drive/combo. A-pillar lights are spots.

Attachments