New rig 1999 4runner build.

• HTML tutorial

T4RZAKK

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Fort Worth Tx
Member #

So I decided to get something with more room for my family. My old tj was my baby, but lacked the space for my wife and son to be able to travel with me. I sold it to a really nice family and then found a smoking deal on a 1999 toyota 4runner its 4wd with a factory rear e locker.

This was my old jeep.

This is the new 4runner.

It did not take long to start with mods.
These were the stock rims.

These are the new shoes.

I have only had this rig a week. but I will give a hint at what is in store for this weekend.

Sent from my SM-G920P using OB Talk mobile app

T4RZAKK

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Fort Worth Tx
Member #

Alright I am still waiting on a couple small parts, so I didn't get a chane to do any work this weekend.
Here is another sneak peek at whats in the box.

With the free time we hit up the last day at the state fair and seen some sweet new rigs.

Reactions: Jimmy P and khorsa

T4RZAKK

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Fort Worth Tx
Member #

Got the rear lift installed, waiting on an adjustable panhard bar so I am not in a hurry.

Also got the passenger front installed. Will be doing the driver side today and hopefully getting my panhard bar. Then its off for an alignment.

Reactions: Jimmy P and khorsa

T4RZAKK

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Fort Worth Tx
Member #

Got tired of waiting on my baja rack and made one out of unistrut. Nothing fancy but just someting temporary untill my new rack gets here. Finally got to put my arb rtt on and test it out this weekend.

We decided to test it out at a statepark so the wife could have hot showers. Ended up staying in a premium rv site. One of the cons about a rtt is everyone will want to check it out lol.

In the way home we made a pit stop at the abandoned baker hotel in mineral wells tx. I love this place. So I had to get some shots with my 4runner.

Up next will be storage in the rear. For now we just use plano boxes that I weather proofed.

Reactions: Jimmy P

CHR

Rank 0

Traveler I

I am out of Fort Worth as well. Getting ready to start a 4runner build in pretty much the same fashion. Who did you have align your truck? Everyone talks about most shops being too lazy to adjust the uca’s.

Good looking truck though. Any big trips planned?

T4RZAKK

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Fort Worth Tx
Member #

I am out of Fort Worth as well. Getting ready to start a 4runner build in pretty much the same fashion. Who did you have align your truck? Everyone talks about most shops being too lazy to adjust the uca’s.

Good looking truck though. Any big trips planned?
I go to school for automotive so I usually do my own alignment on our rack. But I have had good luck with firestone, I have the lifetime alignment on this truck so I can take it in anytime for free.
Right now we are just doing local trips to state parks. We also like to go up to lake Murray in Oklahoma. We are planning a big to Colorado soon. Really no off road heavy trips until I get my sliders.

Reactions: CHR and Jimmy P