Influencer II

Napa Ca
First Name
Robert
Last Name
Stoner
Member #

Picked up a 2016 4runner Trail edition.
Man it was a chore to get this and for the price I wanted to spend. Had a few dealerships laugh at me. @Steve helped me out with info which really helped me nail down a price...thank you again sir much appreciated. They were saying g the guy was in trouble for selling so low. Probably to make me feel good about the price. Other dealerships wouldn't touch the price so I believe I got great deal.

Anyway we test drove a limited just to see how the inside was . I wasn't impressed with the limited interior. However the trail has a nicer interior and dash imo. We didn't want the premium because I didn't want a sunroof. Would have liked the side mirrors indicators.

This is the wifese vehicle I'm hoping she gets comfortable enough to wheel it a Lil and engage that locker. After seeing the pinstripes on my jeep, she doest want to mess it up haha. In due time in due time.

Kind of disappointed in the street tires. It needs some beef and those running boards need to go in place of some sliders. Oh and a 0408 OB badge!
Anyway looks great next to the jeep

20160609_195118.jpg 29256.jpeg 20160609_205733.jpg

Crispy

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer II

Redmond, OR, USA
First Name
Nick
Last Name
Crisp
Member #

Picked up a 2016 4runner Trail edition.
Man it was a chore to get this and for the price I wanted to spend. Had a few dealerships laugh at me. @Steve helped me out with info which really helped me nail down a price...thank you again sir much appreciated. They were saying g the guy was in trouble for selling so low. Probably to make me feel good about the price. Other dealerships wouldn't touch the price so I believe I got great deal.

Anyway we test drove a limited just to see how the inside was . I wasn't impressed with the limited interior. However the trail has a nicer interior and dash imo. We didn't want the premium because I didn't want a sunroof. Would have liked the side mirrors indicators.

This is the wifese vehicle I'm hoping she gets comfortable enough to wheel it a Lil and engage that locker. After seeing the pinstripes on my jeep, she doest want to mess it up haha. In due time in due time.

Kind of disappointed in the street tires. It needs some beef and those running boards need to go in place of some sliders. Oh and a 0408 OB badge!
Anyway looks great next to the jeep

View attachment 4990 View attachment 4992 View attachment 4993
Awesome!

Reactions: stoney126

Steve

lost again...
Founder 500
Launch Member

Traveler III

Lorain County, OH, USA
First Name
Steve
Last Name
None
Member #

Thank you so much for the kind words! And congratulations on getting the deal done. You guys are gonna really enjoy the 4Runner.

I swapped out the OEM tires the day after I bought mine, and put on BF Goodrich T/A KO2 275/70-17 tires. And I got mine without the running board, and have a set of C4 Fabrication rock sliders on order.

Justin_0237

Rank V
Founder 500
Launch Member

Advocate III

Vacaville, CA, USA
First Name
Justin
Last Name
Mulrooney
Member #

Crazy! Me and the wife were headed to Home Depot last night and when I passed the Toyota dealership I seen a jeep and even pointed it out to my wife saying that's a nice jeep. And it turned out to be yours! Congrats on the new ride!

stoney126

Rank VI
Founder 500
Launch Member

Influencer II

Napa Ca
First Name
Robert
Last Name
Stoner
Member #

Crazy! Me and the wife were headed to Home Depot last night and when I passed the Toyota dealership I seen a jeep and even pointed it out to my wife saying that's a nice jeep. And it turned out to be yours! Congrats on the new ride!

Haha that's awesome

Reactions: Justin_0237

stoney126

Rank VI
Founder 500
Launch Member

Influencer II

Napa Ca
First Name
Robert
Last Name
Stoner
Member #

Thank you so much for the kind words! And congratulations on getting the deal done. You guys are gonna really enjoy the 4Runner.

I swapped out the OEM tires the day after I bought mine, and put on BF Goodrich T/A KO2 275/70-17 tires. And I got mine without the running board, and have a set of C4 Fabrication rock sliders on order.
Going to check those out, I really don't like the running boards. Going to run the tire for awhile.....I'm cheap lol

Mike G

Rank VI
Launch Member

Traveler III

San Jose, CA
Member #

Congrats on the Wife's New 4Runner! If the 5th gen is anything like the 4th gen. You have to exercise the 4WD once a month. If you don't, it'll freeze up on you.

stoney126

Rank VI
Founder 500
Launch Member

Influencer II

Napa Ca
First Name
Robert
Last Name
Stoner
Member #

Congrats on the Wife's New 4Runner! If the 5th gen is anything like the 4th gen. You have to exercise the 4WD once a month. If you don't, it'll freeze up on you.
Lol well gauss I'll need to go offroad with it once a month

Reactions: Mike G

bee_CO

Rank IV

Enthusiast III

First Name
Bee
Last Name
Bee
Nice, congrats! My coworker just got a 2015 4R SR5, they are good looking rigs! And I'm jealous of the huge range of aftermarket parts availabile to the 4R and taco, compared to my Colorado.

I will say I HATE the texture of the headliner in my coworkers 4R though
Lol

Reactions: stoney126