Launch Member

Influencer I

Cambridge, NY
First Name
Ian
Last Name
Creitz
Member #

So my rear bumper plans started over a year ago but they were for my 4Runner which some know burned to death. Now I have my 80 series I recently had a friend build me my bumper for that. It is a plate steel duel swing arm setup with two Jerry cans behind the spare tire. I have a ladder on the back because am short and fat and need better access to the roof. Each arm has a four bolt setup to adjust for sagging as the years go by. There are two plates to attach d rings if need be. Instead of going with a pull handle that latches to keep the arms closed during driving (which I did like) we decided to go with a simple plate on the tire swing that overlapped the ladder swing with two holes drilled through. Around town a simple cotter pin thingy will keep the arms closed but if am parked in a city area or leaving the vehicle for a long period in a public place I have a second hole to drop a padlock in. This prevents somebody with sticky fingers grabbing my Jerry cans. I also had 1" tube come around the quarters panels for added protection.

Sent from my iPhone using OB Talk