Uk. 53.4084 N 2 .9916W.
First Name
Black
Last Name
Tan
Member #

Service Branch
Boys brigade
On radio BBC 2 chris evans show. Yesterday they had a bloke on who said he was. In negotiations to produce a new 4x4 OFF ROAD TRUCK he then went on to comment of the defender and he had been approched to build the truck and had offers of backing , now i did not catch it all as i was driving and it was brief did any one else hear this

Reactions: Kent R

blackntan

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Uk. 53.4084 N 2 .9916W.
First Name
Black
Last Name
Tan
Member #

Service Branch
Boys brigade
funny that best ask landrover wih 3 new models on the way and the defender replacement on the cards Germany has enough problems maybe thats merkels idea with all the immigrants to build the new 4x4 i wont hold my breadth

Justin Forrest

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer I

Shoreline, Wa
First Name
Justin
Last Name
Forrest
Member #

I am a huge fan of German autos, but to me it will lose some soul if it made from the oh so perfect German engineering. I'm not a big fan of the proposed body of the Defender. It looks Like a FJ Cruiser and a Range Rover mated.

blackntan

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Uk. 53.4084 N 2 .9916W.
First Name
Black
Last Name
Tan
Member #

Service Branch
Boys brigade
The defender as we knew it. Evolved from from the series landys which was a small tractor nothing more nothing less , the defender was built on a production line but was hand built compared to new production lines it became financially un cost effective to produce. The new discos and range rovers are all basically the same components modern cars have no soul the last true landrover for me is the disco 4 , The new or proposed defender Looks like a bloted mini But LR HAVE NOT CONFIRMED OR DENIED THAT IT IS THE NEW REPLACEMENT , There are defenders still running from all its guises and i expect its cult status to grow even though its no longer built. No other 4x4 has the following of the LANDY what ever the future holds for the brand the past will allways be there bench mark". DEFENDER "

Reactions: Justin Forrest

nickburt

Rank VII
Launch Member

Creator III

Wallasey, Wirral. UK
First Name
Nick
Last Name
Burt
Member #

You were right burt it was the new upgrade for the evoqe , all painted out like the ferry on the mersey. But some thing is afoot
Indeed, it's going to be sometime before the Defender mule is out and about and likely to be spotted. I know a man who knows :sunglasses: