New Overlander (wannabe) in WI

• HTML tutorial

Chapman87

Rank 0

Traveler I

Thanks for the wealth of knowledge and inspiration. I am in WI looking to get into this "sport" and currently rig searching. Right now I am dealing with the anxiety of buying something that needs too much work that I didnt catch (mechanically or rust). I would love a 1st gen Tacoma but the rusty frame issues make me super nervous. I am going to look at and drive one today but its pretty snowy so getting a shop to put it on a lift right now is out of the questions.

Wish me luck!

Last edited:

Chadlyb

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate III

Bend, OR, USA
Member #

Thanks for the wealth of knowledge and inspiration. I am in WI looking to get into this "sport" and currently rig searching. Right now I am dealing with the anxiety of buying something that needs too much work that I didnt catch (mechanically or rust). I would love a 1st gen Tacoma but the rusty frame issues make me super nervous. I am going to look at and drive one today but its pretty snowy so getting a shop to put it on a lift right now is out of the questions.

Wish me luck!
Hello and welcome to the OB crew....hope you find your adventure platform. Look forward to seeing your build and your adventures.

Traveler I

Kentucky, USA
Ham/GMRS Callsign
N2TRY

Wish me luck!
Best of luck to you on your search. I’m in Kentucky and have just started getting the fever to get involved in this sport. I’m retiring from one of my jobs this summer and plan to begin building an overland teardrop style camper and haul it with my Lexus RX350 (for now). I think once I have a good solid camping platform, I may look into a more rugged vehicle to haul in - Lexus has had some good reviews as have Toyota. I wonder what you will dig up in your Tacoma search. Keep us posted. — Dave

Reactions: Chadlyb

Enthusiast III

Germantown, WI, USA
First Name
Christopher
Last Name
Owens
Member #

Also a new guy in Wisconsin. Just recently learned about this activity and think it’s amazing in concept. I’ve been following a lot of people and watchng their adventures on YouTube, mainly. Looks like so much fun.

Reactions: TuxStorm

Chapman87

Rank 0

Traveler I

Also a new guy in Wisconsin. Just recently learned about this activity and think it’s amazing in concept. I’ve been following a lot of people and watchng their adventures on YouTube, mainly. Looks like so much fun.
You just described my last two months! That and I have been looking at trucks but I give up, I cant find one thats not rusted out around here

Reactions: Chris In Milwaukee

PatriotT4R

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer III

Lillington, NC 27546
Member #

Wish me luck!
Welcome Chapman glad to have you with us!!

brien

Sonoran Space Program
Staff member

Off-Road Ranger I

Tucson, AZ
First Name
Brien
Last Name
Wankel
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K7XPO
Welcome, Chapman87! Good luck with the vehicle hunt!

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter

Wish me luck!
Welcome to Overland Bound!

Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planing page for trips being planed by members.
https://www.overlandbound.com/forums/forums/overland-bound-meetups.24/
https://www.overlandbound.com/forums/forums/overland-trip-planning.21/

If you have any questions message your Regional Director or Representative they are there to help.
https://www.overlandbound.com/forums/threads/overland-bound-regions.5928/