New overland build 2017 JKU

• HTML tutorial

GreyWolf

Rank II
Launch Member

Traveler I

Springtown Texas
Member #

Nice man. For me personally, I don't ever think I could own a normal vehicle, especially a car. I love having the ability to go anywhere, and have the gear to get me in and out of the Bush safely. Good choice!

Cory1139

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Nashville, Tennessee, United States
First Name
Cory
Last Name
Tidwell
Member #

Nice man. For me personally, I don't ever think I could own a normal vehicle, especially a car. I love having the ability to go anywhere, and have the gear to get me in and out of the Bush safely. Good choice!
I agree. I bought a new F150...great truck with lots of space, but it just never felt right and I traded it for my Jeep after only 4 months.

Sent from my SM-J727V using OB Talk mobile app

Cory1139

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

First Name
Cory
Last Name
Tidwell
Member #

love it. tan jeeps rule!

what plans/ideas do you have.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk
Well yesterday I put new tires on it. Nitto Terra Grapplers 285/70/17s. I wanted bigger but with a roof rack it wouldn't fit in my garage. Soon I'll get some wheels and a 2.5" lift.

I plan to go with the Gobi stealth rack and the LOD rear bumper and carrier setup on the back and the Olympic 4x4 front bumper and grill guard up front.

I usually try to something different than what I usually see on other Jeeps.

Jeepney

Rank IV

Pathfinder I

MN
Standard garage 7ft and with a 2.5 aev lift, 35KO2s, and gobi stealth, i probably have 2" clearance. I was pretty light too with the soft top. I am guessing it will sag 1/2" on a hardtop. So there's a bit of room with this setup.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

Cory1139

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

First Name
Cory
Last Name
Tidwell
Member #

Standard garage 7ft and with a 2.5 aev lift, 35KO2s, and gobi stealth, i probably have 2" clearance. I was pretty light too with the soft top. I am guessing it will sag 1/2" on a hardtop. So there's a bit of room with this setup.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk
Yeah that's about what was figuring on clearance.

APtrail2005

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder II

Kalispell Montana
Member #

Looks great, I put Toyo 34 with a 3" lift and expedition roof rack fits in garage but not with my RRT on. Keep posting helps others like myself with new ideas.

APtrail2005

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder II

Kalispell Montana
Member #

Yes I do and I keep my Hi lift Jack and one pelican box for extra gear, also my roof top tent goes up there when I'm not in the garage. I'm building a trailer to keep the tent on due to the height of the Jeep.

B

Blink

I've decided to go with the Kargo Master Safari Congo Pro rack to go with the hinge steps. The Ghobi was just a it more than I wanted to spend.

Yeah was just saying you should fit in your garage. Great choice on that color though!!

bluefalconjku

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Wake Forest NC
Member #

I went with the LOD sliding roof racj, mainly because I have a soft top, but man I love that Kargo Master rack, that front Katwalk option is awesome!!!I wonder how much modification it would take to make that Katwalk work on my LOD rack....

Cory1139

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

First Name
Cory
Last Name
Tidwell
Member #

I went with the LOD sliding roof racj, mainly because I have a soft top, but man I love that Kargo Master rack, that front Katwalk option is awesome!!!I wonder how much modification it would take to make that Katwalk work on my LOD rack....
I don't know...im not very familiar with the LOD roof rack. I've seen pics of it but nothing in person or up close to tell much about it. The Katwalk was a very snug fit on the KM rack so it would have to be no wider.

Cory1139

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

First Name
Cory
Last Name
Tidwell
Member #

This past weekend I added a Smittybilt front bumper with a pair of Helps lights and D-ring shackles. I al
so added the Morryde Jerry can mount and modified it to hold a Smittybilt locking Jerry can mount since the Morryde only came with a ratchet strap.