New Molle-style panel by Orange Boxx Fab - 2nd Gen Nissan Xterra ('05-'15)

• HTML tutorial

JOSX2

Rank IV
Launch Member

Advocate I

Mebane, NC
Member #

(FYI - I am NOT affiliated with OrangeBoxx Fab...I just lent my X to him & helped him out with some ideas for this panel. I get ZERO kickbacks from the sale of these panels. I'm trying to act as his initial outreach to the Xterra market to help him branch out)

These will be going into production the start of February, but if you're highly interested, please DON'T be skeptical about pre-ordering. I will personally vouch for Darrel that he won't screw ya over ;-) This thing IS SOLID AS ALL HELL...and we just want to ensure that remains true over a month of testing (both unloaded & loaded with gear). There is a good thread over on the toyota-4runner.com forum about his panels if you wanna edumacate yourself any further ;-)

You can follow me on IG also as I'll be posting pics & some vids periodically over the next month of this panel - http://www.instagram.com/Minion.The.X

== Introduction ==
Us 2nd Gen Nissan Xterra's now have a new option for rear window molle panels on the market! Orange Boxx Fab (based in Greensboro, NC) has been working with my X to design panels for our rigs!

The best part of these panels - NO DRILLING holes into our plastics to mount them!

You can also utilize BOTH SIDES of the panel as well! Store items you wanna carry, but seldom use on the backside! Tarps, rain coat, smaller molle bags, etc...all on the back of it!

(Although my lower mount is bare steel ATM, it will soon be powder coated. Production mounts WILL be powdercoated black)

GEAR STORAGE
Loaded up with about 10, maybe 10-15lbs, of gear
- Master Puller Super Yanker in a Strap bag, Soft Shackle
- med/large molle bag
- small molle bag (to left of, & slightly behind bigger one)
- 15' tow strap
- ARB air line

== No Drill Mounts ==
The biggest perk of these mounts is they do no require drilling into the plastics!

== Customizations ==
You'll also be able to customize these with any kind of design/graphic you want, along w/ choice of color for powder coat! Here are just a few examples of his customizations. Basically...you tell him the idea you have in mind & he runs with it ;-) He'll send ya proof-of-concept pics to make sure you're happy with it. If you have a specific graphic you'd like used, ya can send that to him.

== Pricing & Ordering ==
- Order here: https://www.orangeboxxfabrication.com/product-page/05-15-xterra
- 20% pre-order/introductory discount now thru March 10, 2018. Discount code: NX2 (ALL CAPS)
-- $123.98 for one
(driver or pass side)
-- $231.98 for two (both sides)
- base powder coat color of panel will be textured matte black (scratch resistant). Mounts will be black as well
- custom powder coat color for panel +$10 (mounts always black)
- custom text and/or design added to it +$15
- These will regularly be $154.98 for 1, $289.98 for 2

ABOUT ORANGE BOXX FAB
FB - http://www.facebook.com/OrangeBoxxFab/
IG - http://www.instagram.com/orangeboxxfab/
website - http://www.orangeboxxfabrication.com/

He's done a ton of work with the FJ's & all generation 4Runners, and is well known in those communities. He's now branching out to the Xterra & Jeep markets too. I'll tell ya....Darrel does TOP NOTCH work, and supports his customers 110%. Case in point....his panel for his 5th generation 4Runner developed a slight rattle due a loose mounting bracket. He revamped that bracket & shipped every.single.customer that had that particular panel the updated replacement bracket free-of-charge (he just asked them to cover the small shipping charge)

Last edited:

JOSX2

Rank IV
Launch Member

Advocate I

Mebane, NC
Member #

you guys are in luck! He's doing Tacomas in a few months...he's got a guy lined up already to use for design/fitting :-)

Reactions: ScorpioVI

JOSX2

Rank IV
Launch Member

Advocate I

Mebane, NC
Member #

There's huge differences between OBF panel and deps panels. Lack of drilling into the plastics, bigger panel, and no rattling.

I'm not knocking dep in any way, he's made great products for us over the years. But what's always held me back on getting his panel was having to drill into the plastic back there. And the small holes, I always imagine it's got to be a PITA trying to attach on Molle bag to it.

Darrell has been making these panels for years, he's now just getting into the Xterra Market. He's also trying to get info in being a sponsor for one of our big Nissan events... He's definitely out to help support our community!

Now, with all that said, here is a video showing just how stout this panel is. This thing is to make the Xterra Rock back and forth!

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Raul B

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer II

Kyle, Hays County, Texas, United States
First Name
Raul
Last Name
Banuelos
Member #

There's huge differences between OBF panel and deps panels. Lack of drilling into the plastics, bigger panel, and no rattling.

I'm not knocking dep in any way, he's made great products for us over the years. But what's always held me back on getting his panel was having to drill into the plastic back there. And the small holes, I always imagine it's got to be a PITA trying to attach on Molle bag to it.

Darrell has been making these panels for years, he's now just getting into the Xterra Market. He's also trying to get info in being a sponsor for one of our big Nissan events... He's definitely out to help support our community!

Now, with all that said, here is a video showing just how stout this panel is. This thing is to make the Xterra Rock back and forth!

I know the guy that helps run some of the larger Nissan events.... just in case he needs contact info....

Reactions: JOSX2

JOSX2

Rank IV
Launch Member

Advocate I

Mebane, NC
Member #

I now have it loaded up with about 10, maybe up to 15lbs, of gear right. No squeaks, no rattles, no vibratrion sounds....don't even know it's there!
- Master Puller Super Yanker in a Strap bag, Soft Shackle
- med/large molle bag
- small molle bag (to left of, & slightly behind bigger one)
- 15' tow strap
- ARB air line

And the panel will now be easily removable! I picked up some wingnuts & thumbscrew bolts to easily remove the panel, and to also access the backside to attach other items as well. In talking with Orange Boxx this morning, I ran that idea past him & he was totally on board with it. Next thing I know, he posted on FB that the X panels will now be easily removable :-)

Store item you wanna carry, but seldom use on the backside! Tarps, rain coat, smaller molle bags, etc all on the backside!

JOSX2

Rank IV
Launch Member

Advocate I

Mebane, NC
Member #

Can't really tell for sure about panels for yours. He said maybe....but it'll have to get tabled til later in the summer before he can consider it.

Reactions: BackWoods