New Mid Europe members start here

Welcome,
If there is any need for trips and event out of Germany, just let me know. In our "OB Friends" group we do have several couples from the USA.
We do like every month a trip and several meeting/trip events during this year.
Just watch all the Rally Ponts.

Greetings from the Netherland
 
Guten tag everyone,

We moved to Germany in September and today I met Rick Vouth? On base. He encouraged me to participate in the forums out here and I'm quite surprised to see so many members out here.

I'll be looking forward to meet some of you at upcoming events.

Hi Alex,

Great meeting you today. Look forward to catching you at one of the meets this year. Hope to see you around base. We have a few members in our area so maybe a Saturday Rigs & Coffee meetup one day.

Best regards,
Rick

This would be great! We have mostly been doing spontaneous trips but Europe is much more different than what we are used to so the exploring has been limited to castles and amusement parks. I know Europe has more to offer, right? Lol
 
  • Like
Reactions: El-Dracho
Hi Alex,

Great meeting you today. Look forward to catching you at one of the meets this year. Hope to see you around base. We have a few members in our area so maybe a Saturday Rigs & Coffee meetup one day.

Best regards,
Rick

Yessss, a spontaneous rigs n coffee meetup is a great idea, Rick!
 
Hello all,

My name is Frans, and I live in The Netherlands. 4 years ago I bought a 2002 Suzuki Grand Vitara XL-7, since then I generally spend my holidays on bumpy tracks, camping in remote areas as much as I can.

My next trip will be to either Slovenia or Sweden - can't seem to make up my mind so far.

XL-7 - Assietta Kammstrasse.jpgXL-7 - Rialp-Esport.JPGXL-7 - Valle Argentera.JPG
 
Hello all,

My name is Frans, and I live in The Netherlands. 4 years ago I bought a 2002 Suzuki Grand Vitara XL-7, since then I generally spend my holidays on bumpy tracks, camping in remote areas as much as I can.

My next trip will be to either Slovenia or Sweden - can't seem to make up my mind so far.

View attachment 263718View attachment 263719View attachment 263720

Hi Frans,

Welcome to Overland Bound!

Look around here and you will find plenty of good information regarding overlanding. Also look at the upcoming meetups under Rally Points and attend if you like. For preperation of your trips you will find plenty of POIs on thw OB map.

If you have any questions feel free to ask. Always happy to help.

Bjoern - currently on the road to Wales in the UK
 
Thanks Bjoern!

I do have questions about Slovenia, but with the current floods this is probably not the right time to go there.

Hope to read about your experiences in Wales on your website. I’d like to go to the UK myself, but judging by what I’ve seen on Youtube, greenlaning in the UK often requires better ground clearance than my vehicle has.

Have a great trip!
 
  • Like
Reactions: El-Dracho
Thanks Bjoern!

I do have questions about Slovenia, but with the current floods this is probably not the right time to go there.

Hope to read about your experiences in Wales on your website. I’d like to go to the UK myself, but judging by what I’ve seen on Youtube, greenlaning in the UK often requires better ground clearance than my vehicle has.

Have a great trip!

@Lupus_ravus is on the road in Austria/ Slovenia currently. I guess Yjan could give you some actual information on the current situation.

In general, Slowenia is a beautiful area to travel. A lot to see.
 
Hi Yjan,

Thanks for tuning in. I’d be very interested to hear about your findings on driving on unpaved tracks in Slovenia. Are there many possibilities to legally do so? Is it legal (or tolerated) to camp in the wild?
 
Hi Yjan,

Thanks for tuning in. I’d be very interested to hear about your findings on driving on unpaved tracks in Slovenia. Are there many possibilities to legally do so? Is it legal (or tolerated) to camp in the wild?

I haven’t camp in the wild … not taken the risk .. if you ask farmers it can be ok .. and there’s hunting going on and I have a dog ..
Grts
Yjan
 
  • Like
Reactions: El-Dracho
Hello, Umesh here joining from Netherlands. I am not an overlander but my close friend Amila who is a member here is one. Got to know about Overland Bound from him. I am more fond of camping and wanted to seek technical and practical insights to few improvements I want to make in my "vouwwagen".
 
Hello, Umesh here joining from Netherlands. I am not an overlander but my close friend Amila who is a member here is one. Got to know about Overland Bound from him. I am more fond of camping and wanted to seek technical and practical insights to few improvements I want to make in my "vouwwagen".
Hi Umesh,

Welcome to Overland Bound!

I am one of the OB Ambassadors in Europe. Your nearest (depending on where you are based in the Netherlands) Local Experts are @THE_NEVERVAN @Sven @NotGumby

Please do not hesitate them or me for questions regarding Overland Bound, and the App or information regarding overlanding.

Local information for any of the OB regions can also be found in the Overland Bound by region forum. Each region has its own sub-forum. The Netherlands, for example, belong to the region MidEurope. So, this link leads to the MidEurope subforum.

Please take a look at the Rally Points for planned events. There you can filter by region. There are plenty of meetups still planned for this year and more to come for next year.

We also do a virtual campfire once a month, there are always members from many regions of Europe. This is a relaxed online talk about overlanding, trip plans, gear, everyday life and more with like-minded people. Just join us next time if you like.

By the way, some members will meet at the OTTO expo in October, where we will have an OB spot within the camp area. Just check out the Rally Point and if you like to attend just let me know.

If you have any other questions just ask, please. Always happy to help.

Safe travels,

Bjoern
 
  • Like
Reactions: THE_NEVERVAN
Hello, Umesh here joining from Netherlands. I am not an overlander but my close friend Amila who is a member here is one. Got to know about Overland Bound from him. I am more fond of camping and wanted to seek technical and practical insights to few improvements I want to make in my "vouwwagen".

Hello Umesh,
Enjoy your trips with Amila.
Greetings from Robert
 
Hello, Umesh here joining from Netherlands. I am not an overlander but my close friend Amila who is a member here is one. Got to know about Overland Bound from him. I am more fond of camping and wanted to seek technical and practical insights to few improvements I want to make in my "vouwwagen".

Hej welcome. Great to have you here. Where in the NL are you based?