Rank II

Enthusiast I

Lost like last years Easter eggs
First Name
Sbly
Last Name
Sbly
Member #

As for the shipment of the truck, I don’t have all the information, my better half took care of it.

I appreciate the info on the RP, but I don’t think I could convince the wife to go without our truck.

Reactions: El-Dracho

El-Dracho

Ambassador, Europe
Supporter
Investor

Inventor I

Lampertheim, Germany
First Name
Bjoern
Last Name
Eldracher
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
DO3BE
As for the shipment of the truck, I don’t have all the information, my better half took care of it.

I appreciate the info on the RP, but I don’t think I could convince the wife to go without our truck.
I understand that well. For us overlanders, our own rig is our home when we are on the road. Everything is just as we would like it and feel comfortable. I keep my fingers crossed that your truck arrives safely and quickly.

arne

Rank V

Endurance II

Hamburg, Deutschland
First Name
Arne
Last Name
Brodowski
Member #

Hello everyone!

My Name is Arne and I‘m from Hamburg in Germany.
Two weeks ago I finished my first overland trip (Norway and a bit of Sweden) and I‘m totally infected with the Overland-Virus now!
My rig is a 2010 LR Discovery 4 (with the TDV6 2.7), which I bought about three years ago. It has a mileage of 240.000 km now but is going strong, except for the ocassional limb mode :-)

I‘m looking forward to connecting with the local community over here in europe and will definately make more overland trips in the near future.

Arne

Attachments

El-Dracho

Ambassador, Europe
Supporter
Investor

Inventor I

Lampertheim, Germany
First Name
Bjoern
Last Name
Eldracher
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
DO3BE
Hi Arne,

Welcome to Overland Bound!

Please take a look at the Rally Points (RPS) for planned events in Europe and meetups with OB members and join if you like. Within the RPS you can filter by region. There are some events planned in future and more to come. We also do a virtual campfire every 14 days which will start again by end of the summer when people are back from their trips.

At the beginning of October, several OB members will meet again at the small OTTO Overlanding and Offroad Expo in Thuringia. Like last year, we will have a campspot in the camparea of the expo all together. Have a look here and join us if you like - you are welcome:

We have several members in the Hamburg area. I am sure they will also answer here and welcome you.

If you have any questions I am happy to help. Just shoot me a message.

Cheers,
Bjoern

Reactions: Polaris Overland

Sven

Mid Europe Local Expert
Launch Member

Explorer I

Schenefeld, Germany
First Name
Sven
Last Name
Larsen
Member #

be Hello everyone!

My Name is Arne and I‘m from Hamburg in Germany.
Two weeks ago I finished my first overland trip (Norway and a bit of Sweden) and I‘m totally infected with the Overland-Virus now!
My rig is a 2010 LR Discovery 4 (with the TDV6 2.7), which I bought about three years ago. It has a mileage of 240.000 km now but is going strong, except for the ocassional limb mode :-)

I‘m looking forward to connecting with the local community over here in europe and will definately make more overland trips in the near future.

Arne
Hi Arne,

Welcome aboard. I’m Sven from Schenefeld (Hamburg). Good to have more new members around Hamburg.

Björn has already mentioned the Otto, from 15-18 September also the Adventure Northside takes place. There is also a RallyePoint here.

arne

Rank V

Endurance II

Hamburg, Deutschland
First Name
Arne
Last Name
Brodowski
Member #

Hi Sven, Hi Björn

Björn has already mentioned the Otto, from 15-18 September also the Adventure Northside takes place. There is also a RallyePoint here.
OTTO is out if scope for me this year but I RSVP‘ed for the Adventure Northside Rally Point. Thanks for the hint. Looking forward to seeing you there!

Arne

Reactions: El-Dracho and Sven

El-Dracho

Ambassador, Europe
Supporter
Investor

Inventor I

Lampertheim, Germany
First Name
Bjoern
Last Name
Eldracher
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
DO3BE
Hi Sven, Hi Björn

OTTO is out if scope for me this year but I RSVP‘ed for the Adventure Northside Rally Point. Thanks for the hint. Looking forward to seeing you there!

Arne
That´s great, Arne. Will not be at the Northside expo, but several OB members, espcially from the north of Germany, will be there. Enjoy!

El-Dracho

Ambassador, Europe
Supporter
Investor

Inventor I

Lampertheim, Germany
First Name
Bjoern
Last Name
Eldracher
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
DO3BE
Hello and welcome here!

I hope that we meet in person soon. Are you also based in the Rhein Main Neckar area? Have a look at the Rally Points, where you can filter by region, e.g. Mid Europe. We have again planned several meetups for this year. I guess, that Rick @NotGumby already told you about that.

If you have any questions, feel free to ask. Always happy to help.

Cheers,
Bjoern

Reactions: NotGumby and Sven

A_l-1028

Rank I

Enthusiast I

Hello and welcome here!

I hope that we meet in person soon. Are you also based in the Rhein Main Neckar area? Have a look at the Rally Points, where you can filter by region, e.g. Mid Europe. We have again planned several meetups for this year. I guess, that Rick @NotGumby already told you about that.

If you have any questions, feel free to ask. Always happy to help.

Cheers,
Bjoern
I am, my family and I live out in the "mountains" near Schlangenbad. We will probably meet somewhere along the way, @NotGumby was telling me there are events planned for the next few months so we will begin planning around those dates.

The wife will be excited to learn that there are a few people who know some camping spots out here. Back home it was a pretty easy outing, here we found out it's a little harder.

Sven

Mid Europe Local Expert
Launch Member

Explorer I

Schenefeld, Germany
First Name
Sven
Last Name
Larsen
Member #

Guten tag everyone,

We moved to Germany in September and today I met Rick Vouth? On base. He encouraged me to participate in the forums out here and I'm quite surprised to see so many members out here.

I'll be looking forward to meet some of you at upcoming events.
Hello and welcome aboard.

Great to have you here and looking forward to meet you and your family at the upcoming events.

Great travels,
Sven (from Hamburg)

NotGumby

Local Expert Germany
Investor

Influencer II

Frankfurt, Germany
First Name
Rick
Last Name
Voth
Member #

Service Branch
Army Veteran 11B 54E
Guten tag everyone,

We moved to Germany in September and today I met Rick Vouth? On base. He encouraged me to participate in the forums out here and I'm quite surprised to see so many members out here.

Hi Alex,

Great meeting you today. Look forward to catching you at one of the meets this year. Hope to see you around base. We have a few members in our area so maybe a Saturday Rigs & Coffee meetup one day.

Best regards,
Rick

arne

Rank V

Endurance II

Hamburg, Deutschland
First Name
Arne
Last Name
Brodowski
Member #

Guten tag everyone,

Welcome to the overland bound community!

Arne