Contributor III

Albuquerque, NM, USA
First Name
Devon
Last Name
Palmer
Member #

Hey everyone,

I’m a new member as of today. My wife and I are not new to off-roadin, but are new to the overlanding community and want to start a New Mexico meetup in the Albuquerque/Santa Fe area. We are still pulling together a lot of information from multiple sources to find the best areas for overlanding and dispersed camping. So far we have found 3 long trails and a bunch of dispersed camping areas on BLM land. Anyone coming in from out of town is welcome to join. We’re excited to be in the community and ready to start!

Best,

Devon

Neal A. Tew

US Rocky Mountain Local Expert
Mod Team

Member III

Pueblo West, CO
First Name
Neal
Last Name
Tew
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
N1TEW
Hi Devon! It's great to have you here!

I believe @brien is your Regional Director. I think the NM Member Representative position is vacant. Maybe something to consider? :sunglasses:

I look forward to your activities in NM because it gives some more options when much of CO is closed for the winter. I'm just 5 hours away in Pueblo.

I just came back from a few days with a group running the Continental Divide. They started at the Mexico border and are headed for Canada. They commented that W. NM was prettier than expected (aside from one really muddy stretch). I didn't join them until CO so I might be up for a run over part of the NM section. The Enchanted Rockies and BDRs are something else I'd like to try one day.

I don't want to step on @brien 's toes, but if I can be of any help, please let me know. Also, don't hesitate to look us up if you venture to CO/UT and beyond.

Reactions: DTPalm

DTPalm

Rank III

Contributor III

Albuquerque, NM, USA
First Name
Devon
Last Name
Palmer
Member #

Hi Devon! It's great to have you here!

I believe @brien is your Regional Director. I think the NM Member Representative position is vacant. Maybe something to consider? :sunglasses:

I look forward to your activities in NM because it gives some more options when much of CO is closed for the winter. I'm just 5 hours away in Pueblo.

I just came back from a few days with a group running the Continental Divide. They started at the Mexico border and are headed for Canada. They commented that W. NM was prettier than expected (aside from one really muddy stretch). I didn't join them until CO so I might be up for a run over part of the NM section. The Enchanted Rockies and BDRs are something else I'd like to try one day.

I don't want to step on @brien 's toes, but if I can be of any help, please let me know. Also, don't hesitate to look us up if you venture to CO/UT and beyond.
Thank you! That route looks amazing. We would be down to plan some events to be able to do it! I will get into contact with Brien to get some more information. Thanks again

Devon

wander mojave

Rank I

Enthusiast I

Corrales, NM, USA
First Name
Patrick
Last Name
McCool
I am in Corrales most of the year and would be interested in a meetup/trail ride. I'm not too familiar with the area so would be fun to explore the area a little more.

Blackey

Rank IV

Enthusiast III

Alamogordo NM
First Name
Michael
Last Name
White
Hey guys and ladies are they any one day[ trips coming up my only shelter at the present isa cot tent and I use a cpap and have limited mobility/. But I want to
go just refuse to pay 30 k for a traileg that’s a bed and outdoor kitchen. If I could find a frame make I sort of know what;I want for it the indep axels and the 360’ hit hi want the same wheels I have on y Jeep they are stock 33” wheel on a rubicon but I bet a ton of themare out there from Jeep owners upgrading their wheel and tires. I would put a soft rooftop tent until I could bu’ild it up with the walls a roof I want . Plus the floor plan after the shellis built and a bed a 12volt power is supplied I’d move in to it and sell the top tent if I don’t revover the money I will hold,on to for a copilot.
but right now I’m,limited in sleeping areas to the cot I am unable to climb the latter to the roof top tent. I would keep the roof top tent onthe base of the trailer if they were a way to do a lift up of the kitchen and other stuff on the fram except the tent I’ve seen tent lifted but I need the opposite. Id like to build the traileilr for 5k.