Rank II

Member I

Masschusetts
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Horgan
Member #

I found your site while researching tonneau cover options with a bed rack for a RTT on my 2016 F150. We were left as long time members of a seasonal campground, and now want to expand our adventures. We are looking for a good RTT set up where we can cover and lock gear in the bed of the truck. Eventually we are looking to move the RTT over to a hiker trailer or something similar. I am looking forward to learning from all of you, we are very new tot he Overland community.

We are also longtime naturistsociety members www.naturistsociet.ocom for anyone who might about that organization. We are looking to get into the backcountyry and do some over grid camping as we get closer to retirement.

We are from Massachusetts and have not had much luck finding any Overland shops up this way.

Mike and Tracy

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
I found your site while researching tonneau cover options with a bed rack for a RTT on my 2016 F150. We were left as long time members of a seasonal campground, and now want to expand our adventures. We are looking for a good RTT set up where we can cover and lock gear in the bed of the truck. Eventually we are looking to move the RTT over to a hiker trailer or something similar. I am looking forward to learning from all of you, we are very new tot he Overland community.

We are also longtime naturistsociety members www.naturistsociet.ocom for anyone who might about that organization. We are looking to get into the backcountyry and do some over grid camping as we get closer to retirement.

We are from Massachusetts and have not had much luck finding any Overland shops up this way.

Mike and Tracy
Welcome to Overland Bound
Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planning page for trips being planned by members. These pages can be filtered by region.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
You are in the East Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
The closest Member Representative to you is @Mathes
Your Regional Director is @Nomadik Nova
Quick adult & youthTread Lightly online awareness course.
Tread Lightly | Online Courses
Tread Lightly! Youth Online Course

Neonsnow78

Rank III
Launch Member

Member III

Somerset, MA, USA
First Name
Ed
Last Name
Snow
Member #

Welcome!!! I’m also from Mass, I sold my previous vehicle in my profile but now have a Grand Cherokee I’ll be lightly modding. Nothing insane being a Laredo with Quadra trac I it’s no rock climber but should be plenty for outdoor adventures!

Reactions: KWDavis and Tremor

MarioT'sCJResto

Rank V
Launch Member

Contributor II

First Name
Christopher
Last Name
Laboy
Member #

Mike and Tracy
Mike and Tracy; Welcome and I'm not that far from Mass... just outside of Cooperstown I gave up on looking for overlanding shops, and with COVID the best results that I have found come from browsing online. If you haven't settled on a TC - check out Diamond Back SE and HD covers, I also like BAK but for more options DB has to one of the best on the market. Since I'm building my 1500, I had to look at closed cab options and I just picked up a Softopper Canvas Top, Decked, and to top if off I'm going with a KB Vodoo Modular Rack that I can add a Kinsmen 270 awning and my MTBs. With winter knocking on our doorsteps I went with a new full set of pro-comp A/Ts and added a 12k winch to make sure I have my recovery points in line. Wishing you the best, and most of all stay safe

Tremor

Rank II

Member I

Masschusetts
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Horgan
Member #

Mike and Tracy; Welcome and I'm not that far from Mass... just outside of Cooperstown I gave up on looking for overlanding shops, and with COVID the best results that I have found come from browsing online. If you haven't settled on a TC - check out Diamond Back SE and HD covers, I also like BAK but for more options DB has to one of the best on the market. Since I'm building my 1500, I had to look at closed cab options and I just picked up a Softopper Canvas Top, Decked, and to top if off I'm going with a KB Vodoo Modular Rack that I can add a Kinsmen 270 awning and my MTBs. With winter knocking on our doorsteps I went with a new full set of pro-comp A/Ts and added a 12k winch to make sure I have my recovery points in line. Wishing you the best, and most of all stay safe
Thank you, I am heavily leaning toward the diamond backcover. I am not sure how hard they are to install with one person. My wife is very small less than 100 pound she can'ti lift much to help. You are right not much in terms of shops in the Northeast. I love to check out the rigs driving around when I travel out West to ski. Don't see too many up this way.

Mike

MarioT'sCJResto

Rank V
Launch Member

Contributor II

First Name
Christopher
Last Name
Laboy
Member #

Thank you, I am heavily leaning toward the diamond backcover. I am not sure how hard they are to install with one person. My wife is very small less than 100 pound she can'ti lift much to help. You are right not much in terms of shops in the Northeast. I love to check out the rigs driving around when I travel out West to ski. Don't see too many up this way.

Mike
The Diamond Back HD was my first choice, and even though I ultimately went in a different direction I love the 1600lb load option; ATV side load to their new Frontier Rack. Initially I was also looking at Expidtionone and AEV for their mods - here are some vendors, and names that might help you and make sure you keep an eye out for the sales.
Wilco Offroad
KB Voodoo - Max Modular Rack can be mounted with the Diamond Back HD Rack
Prinsu Designs Studios
Expedition One
Vice designs
LoD
The list is endless....

I just picked up the Jackery 1000 and 2x100 Watt solar panels - the sale was too good to pass up

Keep us posted when you do pick up the TC...

Tremor

Rank II

Member I

Masschusetts
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Horgan
Member #

I will keep you posted, I am going to start small with a bed rack and a RTT. The cost of this stuff seems to add up quickly. I had to back away from my list and take thing one step at a time. I am also looking for good spots to travel in New England and upstate NY. I there is a a lot of Forest Service land in VT.

Reactions: KWDavis

wdubois

Rank II

Enthusiast I

Scottsdale, AZ, USA
First Name
Bill
Last Name
DuBois
Member #

I am also a new member from Massachusetts and plan on building up my new truck over the next few years to take out on the trails. WOuld love to hear about any trails in New England that you guys would recommend. I am not looking for hardcore offroading but just something to have some fun with.