Michael
Last Name
Golden
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KG4BCN
Service Branch
U.S. Army
I'm glad to finally be here. Located in Tampa Florida "For the time being anyway" I am retired U.S. Army and used to do quite a bit of hiking and rock climbing when I was younger. We never called it Overlanding until recently, but I've done a lot of car camping over the years. I did plenty of off road driving during my time in the Army, and I'm looking forward to spreading my wings once again. Other hobbies include Ham Radio, GMRS radios, a little bit of hiking and just getting out in the boonies to enjoy this great country.

FishinCrzy

Rank V

Advocate I

South Carolina, USA
First Name
Rob
Last Name
Duncan
Member #

Service Branch
StateHazmatResponder
Welcome Michael! With your experience I'm certain you will be another great source of knowledge to go along with all the others. Jump in and tell us what you know!

Reactions: Michael Golden

Michael Golden

Rank VI

Explorer I

Tampa Fl
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Golden
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KG4BCN
Service Branch
U.S. Army
Welcome Michael! With your experience I'm certain you will be another great source of knowledge to go along with all the others. Jump in and tell us what you know!
That could really open up a large can of worms. Like I said in my introductory post I used to do a lot of hiking and rock climbing when I was younger, plus being in the military for just over 20 years. Because of that I've gone through a lot of extensive training on everything from navigation, to First Aid with a little survival training thrown in for good measure. I got interested in bushcrafting about 10 years ago and found a way to combine everything into one very large hobby. I added communications to that after I retired from the Army and enjoy getting way out in the boonies and setting up radio stations just to see how far I can talk. Mostly with low power. So far Madagascar to the east, and Australia to the west. It's all a work in progress.

Big G

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Grants Pass, OR, USA
First Name
Gary
Last Name
Cloud
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7MZB
I'm glad to finally be here. Located in Tampa Florida "For the time being anyway" I am retired U.S. Army and used to do quite a bit of hiking and rock climbing when I was younger. We never called it Overlanding until recently, but I've done a lot of car camping over the years. I did plenty of off road driving during my time in the Army, and I'm looking forward to spreading my wings once again. Other hobbies include Ham Radio, GMRS radios, a little bit of hiking and just getting out in the boonies to enjoy this great country.
Hello Michael, welcome to the OB community.

Reactions: Michael Golden

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Welcome To Overland Bound Michael
Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planning page for trips being planned by members. These pages can be filtered by region.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
You are in the Southeast Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
Your Regional Director is @AdventureWithDanan
Weekly Ham Net
https://www.overlandbound.com/event/ham-radio-weekly-net-2/
Quick adult & youthTread Lightly online awareness course.
Online Courses - Tread Lightly
Tread Lightly! Youth Online Course