William
Last Name
reed
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KC1WTR
Service Branch
Army
Good morning. New member here. I am new to the overlanding world, but not new to car/motorcycle camping and outdoors world by any means! A little about me: served in the Army from 88-04, with a 4 year break in service. Currently work as a 911 dispatcher. I have been a hiker, camper, outdoorsman, hunter (mainly turkey), and fisherman, since, well, since I was a kid. I am also a biker, and do some camping off my bike as well. I do car camping, and, in the next year or two, am looking at getting a more robust vehicle to do some more off road exporing. I owned Jeeps for years, and we used to go offroading and camping in the middle of nowhere-before the overlanding concept was even concieved. I have done a lot of research, and already have some fantastic ideas of what I want, and how most of my gear now, at least as far as camping goes, works well within this community.
I look forward to being an active participant here, and learning all I can!

jwalla

Rocky Mountain Region Member Rep Dakotas

Advocate I

Rapid City, SD, USA
First Name
Jeremy
Last Name
Walla
Member #

Service Branch
Firefighter
Welcome brother. I think you will find some good information here and a good place to bounce ideas. Sounds like you are well equipped. I look forward to hearing more about the adventures. If you get up to sturgis on the bike look me up.

Reactions: oldsoldier181

oldsoldier181

Rank IV

Influencer II

Ayer, Massachusetts, United States
First Name
William
Last Name
reed
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KC1WTR
Service Branch
Army
Welcome brother. I think you will find some good information here and a good place to bounce ideas. Sounds like you are well equipped. I look forward to hearing more about the adventures. If you get up to sturgis on the bike look me up.
Thank you. Wont be doing that this year, but myself and a few buddies are planning for 2022 :)

Reactions: jwalla

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Good morning. New member here. I am new to the overlanding world, but not new to car/motorcycle camping and outdoors world by any means! A little about me: served in the Army from 88-04, with a 4 year break in service. Currently work as a 911 dispatcher. I have been a hiker, camper, outdoorsman, hunter (mainly turkey), and fisherman, since, well, since I was a kid. I am also a biker, and do some camping off my bike as well. I do car camping, and, in the next year or two, am looking at getting a more robust vehicle to do some more off road exporing. I owned Jeeps for years, and we used to go offroading and camping in the middle of nowhere-before the overlanding concept was even concieved. I have done a lot of research, and already have some fantastic ideas of what I want, and how most of my gear now, at least as far as camping goes, works well within this community.
Welcome to Overland Bound
Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planning page for trips being planned by members. These pages can be filtered by region.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
You are in the East Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
The closest Member Representative to you is @Mathes
Your Regional Director is @Nomadik Nova
Quick adult & youthTread Lightly online awareness course.
Tread Lightly | Online Courses
Tread Lightly! Youth Online Course

Mathes

Local Expert Massachusetts, USA
Launch Member

Explorer I

Norton, Massachusetts, USA
First Name
Matthew
Last Name
Robinson
Member #

Welcome aboard bud! Feel free to message if you need anything!

Reactions: Nomadik Nova