Enthusiast I

Fremont County, Colorado, United States
First Name
Alan
Last Name
Williams
Member #

Hello All,

My name is Alan, I live in Colorado Springs. I drive a 1996 Toyota Tacoma with a few upgrades and more coming soon. I wanted a rig the wife and I could get to more primitive spots for camping and of course my love for driving all types of vehicles. I would say I am new to the overland world and excited to explore.AEDD5C67-F79B-4912-9AD8-9013090B1280.jpeg

M Rose

Local Expert
Mod Team

Advocate III

Northeast Oregon, United States
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Rose
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W7FSB
Service Branch
US ARMY Retired
Welcome Allan,
@Neal A. Tew is one of the Member Reps from Pueblo west.
Colorado Springs is an amazing city, glad to be able to say I once hung my hat there for a few years. Many adventures up Cheyenne mountain, Pikes Peak, Red Canyon, and way way more... all a short drive from CS. Glad you found us, and hope to see more of you on here.

Mike Rose
Northwest Director
Overland Bound

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hello All,

My name is Alan, I live in Colorado Springs. I drive a 1996 Toyota Tacoma with a few upgrades and more coming soon. I wanted a rig the wife and I could get to more primitive spots for camping and of course my love for driving all types of vehicles. I would say I am new to the overland world and excited to explore.View attachment 168680
Welcome to Overland Bound Alan.
Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planning page for trips being planned by members. These pages can be filtered by region.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
You are in our Rocky Mountain Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
Social Media:
Telegram; OLB - Colorado
RM FB; Overland Bound - Rocky Mountain
The closest Member Representative is @Neal A. Tew & @the_runn4r
Quick adult & youthTread Lightly online awareness course.
https://www.treadlightly.org/learn/online-courses/
Tread Lightly! Youth Online Course

Neal A. Tew

US Rocky Mountain Local Expert
Mod Team

Member III

Pueblo West, CO
First Name
Neal
Last Name
Tew
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
N1TEW
Hello All,

My name is Alan, I live in Colorado Springs. I drive a 1996 Toyota Tacoma with a few upgrades and more coming soon. I wanted a rig the wife and I could get to more primitive spots for camping and of course my love for driving all types of vehicles. I would say I am new to the overland world and excited to explore.View attachment 168680
Welcome Alan!

I recognize that photo location! Nice!

Please stop by this thread to meet the locals and get connected:

Also, @Fortis Overland has been instrumental with the Springs group.

Reactions: Spicy Taco

Spicy Taco

Rank V

Enthusiast I

First Name
Alan
Last Name
Williams
Member #

Hello All,

Welcome Alan!

I recognize that photo location! Nice!

Please stop by this thread to meet the locals and get connected:

Also, @Fortis Overland has been instrumental with the Springs group.
Thanks Neal, I will check out the thread. I appreciate your generosity. I am just a skip away from gold camp, nice to just get away from the city for a moment.

Reactions: Neal A. Tew

Spicy Taco

Rank V

Enthusiast I

First Name
Alan
Last Name
Williams
Member #

Hello All,

Welcome to Overland Bound Alan.
Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planning page for trips being planned by members. These pages can be filtered by region.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
You are in our Rocky Mountain Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
Social Media:
Telegram; OLB - Colorado
RM FB; Overland Bound - Rocky Mountain
The closest Member Representative is @Neal A. Tew & @the_runn4r
Quick adult & youthTread Lightly online awareness course.
https://www.treadlightly.org/learn/online-courses/
Tread Lightly! Youth Online Course
Thanks Kent, I am grateful for the help from everybody.

Big G

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Grants Pass, OR, USA
First Name
Gary
Last Name
Cloud
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7MZB
Hello All,

Hello Alan, welcome to the OB community.

trail_runn4r

US Rocky Mtn. Local Expert. Colorado: Denver Area

Pathfinder III

Denver, CO, USA
First Name
Carlo
Last Name
Donzelli
Member #

Hello All,

Welcome, Alan! I live in Denver but did some offroading this past winter in your area.
Is the picure taken at the lookout on Old Stage Road?

Reactions: Neal A. Tew

Ransom

Rank 0

Contributor I

Naples, Florida
First Name
Ransom
Last Name
Barrow
We will be visiting CO Springs next month. Would we able to get to some offroad areas with good views in a rental tahoe or should we splurge for a jeep? Would really like to spend most of our time off pavement.