Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Huntington Beach, CA, USA
First Name
Matthew
Last Name
Shealy
Member #

Hey everyone, name is Matt or Matthew or Shealy if you feel like Matt is over used... haha. Truck I have is a 2nd gen ram 2500 for now. Might try and sell so I can pick up a 1st gen 4Runner - little cheaper to upgrade and outfit. look forward to being a part of the group!

Attachments

Farook Ismail

Rank II

Enthusiast III

Toronto Ontario Canada
First Name
Farook
Last Name
Ismail
Hey Shealy, If I knew then what I know now I would of kept my 3rd gen cummins and built on that platform.
I now have a Tacoma and boy is it too small. My 3rd gen had a 5" lift and 35's with the cummins forget about regearing.
With the cummins forget about weight or if you want a camper your not limited and in emergency you can actually have a good sleep in the back seat if needed
With my 400l slip tank never had to worry about diesel either...

the list goes on but just saying please consider what you have to what you'll be giving up.

thanks and good luck

Reactions: Z_Shealy

Z_Shealy

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Huntington Beach, CA, USA
First Name
Matthew
Last Name
Shealy
Member #

Hey Shealy, If I knew then what I know now I would of kept my 3rd gen cummins and built on that platform.
I now have a Tacoma and boy is it too small. My 3rd gen had a 5" lift and 35's with the cummins forget about regearing.
With the cummins forget about weight or if you want a camper your not limited and in emergency you can actually have a good sleep in the back seat if needed
With my 400l slip tank never had to worry about diesel either...

the list goes on but just saying please consider what you have to what you'll be giving up.

thanks and good luck
Very wise response. The motor and torque are good, gas mileage is pretty decent and you can definitely sleep in the back and across the front seat haha. Just might have to be patient I reckon and be more willing to spend the time. Very good advice, thank you! Happy new year!

Narbob

US West Region Director
Staff member
Founder 500

Pathfinder II

Culver City California
First Name
Bob
Last Name
Brann
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ6W0A
Hey everyone, name is Matt or Matthew or Shealy if you feel like Matt is over used... haha. Truck I have is a 2nd gen ram 2500 for now. Might try and sell so I can pick up a 1st gen 4Runner - little cheaper to upgrade and outfit. look forward to being a part of the group!
Welcome to OverlandBound!!!
Make sure to check out the Meetup and Trip Planning threads.

Feel free to reach out to your Member Representative @FrankRoams or me, your Regional Director if you have any questions.
@Narbob

Reactions: Z_Shealy