Launch Member

Contributor III

Arizona, USA
First Name
JANA
Last Name
CUARTEROS
Member #

Got my emblem a couple days ago... question... how simple/difficult is it to install a diff breather on a 19 4runnner. I've been watching videos on how to do it. Looks pretty easy. Anyone out there ran into any trouble installing a rear diff breather? Any input would be very helpful. Thank you

Welding Goats

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Midland, TX, USA
First Name
Ronn
Last Name
Reeger
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WRXB227
Welcome to the forum from West Texas. I’m sure you’ll find peeps who are much more knowledgeable about your question that I am here.

ru108

Rank V

Traveler II

Prairieville, LA
First Name
Shane
Last Name
Tindall
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K5TIN
Service Branch
USN
question... how simple/difficult is it to install a diff breather on a 19 4runnner.
Easy peasy. The hardest part is dropping the spare (mine's a 2011, so it sticks sometimes, lol). Just be sure to leave enough slack in the tubing near the rear axle to compensate for suspension movement (droop) and keep your run of tubing as far as you can from the exhaust. There should be plenty of room to mount the diaphragm mid-way or a little further back on the right side of the engine bay. Also, WELCOME ABOARD!

Reactions: Jana

Jana

Rank II
Launch Member

Contributor III

Arizona, USA
First Name
JANA
Last Name
CUARTEROS
Member #

Easy peasy. The hardest part is dropping the spare (mine's a 2011, so it sticks sometimes, lol). Just be sure to leave enough slack in the tubing near the rear axle to compensate for suspension movement (droop) and keep your run of tubing as far as you can from the exhaust. There should be plenty of room to mount the diaphragm mid-way or a little further back on the right side of the engine bay. Also, WELCOME ABOARD!
You're awesome! Thank you so much.... I really appreciate it.

Reactions: ru108