• HTML tutorial

tbuchner

Rank 0

Traveler I

Hi all, bought a 2000 Ford Excursion 7.3l 2wd for overland trips with the family. It sits on a 8" lift, 35" tires, front winch, big roof rack, small convert. The plan was 2.5 ton axles fwd conversion, but deisel bug got and now the it wont hold transmission and not reliable for trails. We used it on a few wide open trails and worked great. Looking into down sizing to the 4door jeep for more trail capabilities and easy service. Looking for a good one that has not been messed with to bad so we have a clean slate to work with. It will be the wife, two kids under 5, and me. Here to learn and explore new ideas.

Chadlyb

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate III

Hi all, bought a 2000 Ford Excursion 7.3l 2wd for overland trips with the family. It sits on a 8" lift, 35" tires, front winch, big roof rack, small convert. The plan was 2.5 ton axles fwd conversion, but deisel bug got and now the it wont hold transmission and not reliable for trails. We used it on a few wide open trails and worked great. Looking into down sizing to the 4door jeep for more trail capabilities and easy service. Looking for a good one that has not been messed with to bad so we have a clean slate to work with. It will be the wife, two kids under 5, and me. Here to learn and explore new ideas.
Hello and welcome to the OB crew...good looking rig and look forward to seeing your new build and adventures.