Staff member

Member III

Falmouth, MA, USA
First Name
Kevin
Last Name
Nova
Member #

I just watched a couple videos of Peters Mill Run. I’m in for the spring. Is there a clearing somewhere along the way for camping?
There are two fairly large clearings, but I don't think they allow camping on PMR. There is a small campground right at the North entrance, and a few campgrounds nearby.

Nomadik Nova

Rank VI
Staff member

Member III

Falmouth, MA, USA
First Name
Kevin
Last Name
Nova
Member #

Should I worry about doing PMR solo? It sounds like I shouldn't but seems like something I should ask.
Probably not, depending on your rig.

I did it with @sabjku and having him in front of me calling out clearances was comforting. But I’m relatively new to off-roading and my 4Runner is stock at this time.

Reactions: sabjku

sabjku

Rank VI
Launch Member

Traveler III

Alexandria, VA
First Name
Steve
Last Name
Beh
Member #

Should I worry about doing PMR solo? It sounds like I shouldn't but seems like something I should ask.
Hey Brock....realistically, you'd probably be fine doing it solo. However, I would always recommend having a buddy tag along, whether they're with you in the vehicle, or a second vehicle. Better to be safer in numbers.

Honestly, once you're ready to head out there, post it up here on the forum, and I can guarantee you will at least find one of us, or more, that will join you.

Like @NovaBound said, there's plenty of us up here in NOVA, and a lot of us are always itching to get out!

Reactions: Nomadik Nova

TerryD

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Covington, Virginia, USA
First Name
Terry
Last Name
R
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign