lloydrage

Rank I

Enthusiast I

Corpus Christi, TX, USA
First Name
Doyle
Last Name
Hancock
Good morning. I've been watching the videos for a few years and felt it was time to join the forums and learn more/discuss more here. Really excited to be part of the community. I have a 2017 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon. I have wheeled and overlanded/camped it through out the US. I really enjoy rock crawling but also love the overlanding portion. Growing up we did a lot of it but of course back then we called it camping road trips.174689970_207496294157587_8151472413311306136_n - Copy.jpg

Prerunner1982

Local Expert, Oklahoma USA
Launch Member

Member III

Navina, Oklahoma
First Name
Jon
Last Name
B
Member #

Hello Doyle , welcome from Oklahoma.

You are in the Southwest Region. Check out the Southwest Region sub-forum for local information and involvement opportunities.

Here is the link to the forum calendar and Meet-Up event page: Overland Bound Meetups. There are on occasion meet ups in the DFW area.
Or to check out what other members are planning go here: Overland Trip Planning.

I am one of the SW Member Reps, @Roots66 is another SW Member Rep based in Texas. Let us know if you have any questions.

lloydrage

Rank I

Enthusiast I

Corpus Christi, TX, USA
First Name
Doyle
Last Name
Hancock
Hello Doyle , welcome from Oklahoma.

You are in the Southwest Region. Check out the Southwest Region sub-forum for local information and involvement opportunities.

Here is the link to the forum calendar and Meet-Up event page: Overland Bound Meetups. There are on occasion meet ups in the DFW area.
Or to check out what other members are planning go here: Overland Trip Planning.

I am one of the SW Member Reps, @Roots66 is another SW Member Rep based in Texas. Let us know if you have any questions.
awesome, i appreciate the info

Welcome! Austin here as well! If you haven't already, check out the Texas Hill Country Overland trail. 0 in difficulty, but a fun 2-3 day trip without having to leave the state.
I have not wheeled there but I have been to Hidden Falls

J_Walker1977

Rank II

Enthusiast II

Austin, TX, USA
First Name
Jason
Last Name
Walker
awesome, i appreciate the info

I have not wheeled there but I have been to Hidden Falls
You can get on the "trail" just West of Marble Falls, then take the trail west to Mason and stay at Dos Rios Campground (or the riverbank, or island if you're courageous). I suggest the 2 Mason loops on Saturday and then down to Fredricksburg Sunday. There is also another offroad park just west of Mason similar to Hidden falls, but not as well developed IMO.

lloydrage

Rank I

Enthusiast I

Corpus Christi, TX, USA
First Name
Doyle
Last Name
Hancock
nice, next time Im up there I will try to check it out. Still thinking I will do one more trip up there this year. Early next year one more trip to Big Bend and then in April I will go to EJS 2022 in Moab. I go every year.

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Good morning. I've been watching the videos for a few years and felt it was time to join the forums and learn more/discuss more here. Really excited to be part of the community. I have a 2017 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon. I have wheeled and overlanded/camped it through out the US. I really enjoy rock crawling but also love the overlanding portion. Growing up we did a lot of it but of course back then we called it camping road trips.View attachment 215442
Welcome to Overland Bound
Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planning page for trips being planned by members. These pages can be filtered by region.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
You are in the Southwest Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
Your Texas Member Representative is @Roots66, and in the DFW area you can also contact @Prerunner1982
Quick adult & youthTread Lightly online awareness course.
Online Courses - Tread Lightly
Tread Lightly! Youth Online Course
Check out Overland Expo https://www.OverlandExpo.com
If you have any questions don't hesitate to message me, hopefully I can get you going in the right direction. @Kent R or Kent@OverlandBound.com

roots66

Local Expert, Texas USA
Launch Member

Member III

Weir, TX, USA
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Roots
Member #

Service Branch
USAF
Hello Doyle (@lloydrage ), welcome to Overland Bound. I am your Southwest Region Member Rep for Texas. Love going down your way and camping PINS. I know there are a few folks in the CC area, but don't believe there is a meet up created....yet. :wink: For you, there are a couple you can try and make.

There is a San Antonio Meet Up here: San Antonio Monthly Meetup - Eisenhauer Park

Houston area has this new Meet Up they just started: Recurring Bryan College Station Meet-up

The one we attend is in Round Rock: Recurring - North Central Texas Meet & Greet

Local information and involvement opportunities can be found here: Southwest Region (AZ/NM/TX/OK)

Looking to meet fellow members? Check out the Meet-Up event page: Overland Bound Meetups

Events in the SW region can be found here: Overland Bound Events SW Region

Want to know what members are planning? You can find out here: Overland Trip Planning

If you have any questions, please just let me know.

Reactions: lloydrage

Joe77

Rank II

Enthusiast I

CA, USA
First Name
Joe
Last Name
Rodriguez
Member #

Good morning. I've been watching the videos for a few years and felt it was time to join the forums and learn more/discuss more here. Really excited to be part of the community. I have a 2017 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon. I have wheeled and overlanded/camped it through out the US. I really enjoy rock crawling but also love the overlanding portion. Growing up we did a lot of it but of course back then we called it camping road trips.View attachment 215442
I am a newbie myself and give you a warm welcome. Appears to me there is some expierence off roaders on this trail.

Kozysnack

Rank VII
Investor

Expedition Master I

Austin, Travis County, Texas, United States
First Name
Vance
Last Name
Ely
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WRNX949 is my GMRS, haven't taken my test yet but working on the HAM
Service Branch
USAF BRAT
Welcome Doyle to Overland Bound.