Upland, CA, USA
First Name
oleg
Last Name
flaksman
Member #

Service Branch
Active Mountain SAR
Wanted to say hello! I’ve been wheeling for over a decade now. Mostly crawling on a JK which is currently on 40s. In 2019 I purchased my first overlander so I can take my newborn out on easier and safer trails and got the overlander bug. My family is now comprised of a toddler, a soon to be toddler, my wife, and our trail pup (100 pound doberman). So we just purchased another 5th gen 4runner to allow us all to roll together. My 4R is on 35s, LRA tank, RCLT kit and I’m waiting for a D60. My wife’s 4runner will be on 34s, LRA and stock axles. I carry all the heavy weight and Keep her rig light. But both rigs should have same trail capabilities. In the last 12 months I’ve been trail testing my rig on 5-7 day expeditions at a time averaging 500 off road miles per trip. Just got back from a Baja trip where we took some mountain passes and had to build up washed out roads!

my plan right now is to finish my build and complete my wife’s entire build by January (taking a few months off from wheeling). All parts ordered months ago and most have arrived. Starting January we plan to link a new overlanding route from Baja to OR and to the Atlantic in 5-10 day increments with 70 days per year on the road.Expect that to take about 3 years. But, as we all knowthe road makes plans for you so we will see how that ends up. Either way should be a great long term adventure.

looking forward to meeting some of you out on the trails!

MMc

Rank V

Influencer II

San Dimas, Ca.
First Name
Mike
Last Name
McMullen
Member #

Welcome to the campfire Oleg! Where in Baja do you travel to, I spend most of my overlanding time there. Come to the meetup on Thursday there are some great folks in the SGV group.

roots66

Local Expert, Texas USA
Launch Member

Member III

Weir, TX, USA
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Roots
Member #

Service Branch
USAF
Hello Oleg, welcome to the OB family and thank you for your service.

Reactions: offkamber

offkamber

Rank III

Advocate I

Upland, CA, USA
First Name
oleg
Last Name
flaksman
Member #

Service Branch
Active Mountain SAR
I’d love to but have a party at the house tomorrow (daughters first bday).

when is the next meetup?

Welcome to the campfire Oleg! Where in Baja do you travel to, I spend most of my overlanding time there. Come to the meetup on Thursday there are some great folks in the SGV group.

offkamber

Rank III

Advocate I

Upland, CA, USA
First Name
oleg
Last Name
flaksman
Member #

Service Branch
Active Mountain SAR
BTW, does this forum work with an app like Tapatalk? Just wondering

DrewKD

Rank V

Influencer II

Pasadena CA
First Name
Drew
Last Name
Dancel
Member #

We meet every Third Thursday of the month. Plus we hit the trails hopefully at least once a month.

Congrats on the 1 year old!

offkamber

Rank III

Advocate I

Upland, CA, USA
First Name
oleg
Last Name
flaksman
Member #

Service Branch
Active Mountain SAR
We meet every Third Thursday of the month. Plus we hit the trails hopefully at least once a month. Congrats on the 1 year old!
We meet every Third Thursday of the month. Plus we hit the trails hopefully at least once a month.

Congrats on the 1 year old!
awesome. See you next month!

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Wanted to say hello! I’ve been wheeling for over a decade now. Mostly crawling on a JK which is currently on 40s. In 2019 I purchased my first overlander so I can take my newborn out on easier and safer trails and got the overlander bug. My family is now comprised of a toddler, a soon to be toddler, my wife, and our trail pup (100 pound doberman). So we just purchased another 5th gen 4runner to allow us all to roll together. My 4R is on 35s, LRA tank, RCLT kit and I’m waiting for a D60. My wife’s 4runner will be on 34s, LRA and stock axles. I carry all the heavy weight and Keep her rig light. But both rigs should have same trail capabilities. In the last 12 months I’ve been trail testing my rig on 5-7 day expeditions at a time averaging 500 off road miles per trip. Just got back from a Baja trip where we took some mountain passes and had to build up washed out roads!

my plan right now is to finish my build and complete my wife’s entire build by January (taking a few months off from wheeling). All parts ordered months ago and most have arrived. Starting January we plan to link a new overlanding route from Baja to OR and to the Atlantic in 5-10 day increments with 70 days per year on the road.Expect that to take about 3 years. But, as we all knowthe road makes plans for you so we will see how that ends up. Either way should be a great long term adventure.

looking forward to meeting some of you out on the trails!
Welcome to Overland Bound
Can you update your profile to include city and state rather than just SoCal, it will help the forum and local members get information to you.
Don't hesitate to contact your Regional Director @Narbob for help or information.
The closest Member Representative to you for local information is @Barclay (LA) @FrankRoams (OC/SD) & www.Riggedfordirt.com @Dominic OB0158 (Inland Empire)
Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planning page for trips being planned by members. These pages can be filtered by region.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
Quick adult & youthTread Lightly online awareness course.
Online Courses - Tread Lightly
Tread Lightly! Youth Online Course
Overland Expo West
About WEST — Overland Expo®

Michael Golden

Rank VI

Explorer I

Tampa Fl
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Golden
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KG4BCN
Service Branch
U.S. Army
Welcome to the Overland Bound community. Glad to have you join us.