Pueblo West, CO
First Name
Neal
Last Name
Tew
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
N1TEW
Everyone, please extend your thanks to @T. Stanley (Tim) for stepping up to the plate as a Member Representative.

He joins @adventure_is_necessary (Lucas) as a Kansas rep and @Iwata77 (Kate) who is a multi-state rep including KS.

About Tim:
This picture is 2 days after I bought my 2010 Toyota Tacoma TRD Offroad 4X4, outside the body shop I help out at part time.

I am 61 years old, I was born at Ft Bragg, NC while my daddy was stationed there. I grew up in the mountains of East Tennessee around Chattanooga. I have been an outdoors kind of guy my whole life. I was a Boy Scout, made it to life scout and ran out of time for finishing my Eagle Scout work because I joined the US Army at 17 and did a tour in Europe as an MP. After the service, I moved to Florida (dart toss at the us map) actually second toss, first one landed in Bristol Bay, Alaska. Looking back, I wish I had gone with that first toss. Anyway, I got married, had 2 kids and worked in the automotive industry for 23 years by day and after work and on weekends I raced stock cars. My hobbies, I love music, I played guitar until a few years ago when I started having trouble with my hands, I dabble in leatherworking, mostly I just make holsters and sheaths for my guns and knives for my own use. I love photography, I have several cameras I use, I just bought my first GoPro to learn the ins and outs of videography. I am going with the group from OB on the TAT this summer and plan on filming and photographing as much I can while driving. My first offroad vehicle was a 1967 F100 I used to hit backwoods trails and swamps in Florida.
What I do now, I work part time at my friends family owned body shop, I also help them with their seasonal harvest driving the semi-grain hauler. I read a lot, plan my next adventure and when I need another altitude adjustment, I head for the mountains.

1614196476889.png

Neal A. Tew

US Rocky Mountain Local Expert
Mod Team

Member III

Pueblo West, CO
First Name
Neal
Last Name
Tew
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
N1TEW
@T. Stanley , speaking of Chattanooga, have you ever been to Coppinger's Cove? How about the Upper Tellico OHV area (now closed)?

T. Stanley

Rocky Mountain Region Member Rep Kansas
Launch Member

Member III

Clay Center, Kansas
First Name
Tim
Last Name
Stanley
Member #

@T. Stanley , speaking of Chattanooga, have you ever been to Coppinger's Cove? How about the Upper Tellico OHV area (now closed)?
I have a cousin that hits those areas fairly regular, they were non existent when I lived there. I camped and hiked in Tellico Plains as a kid/young adult but that has been a while.I plan on going to TN to visit in April for a shake down run before heading out on the TAT in June

Reactions: Neal A. Tew

Neal A. Tew

Mod Team

Member III

Pueblo West, CO
First Name
Neal
Last Name
Tew
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
N1TEW
I have a cousin that hits those areas fairly regular, they were non existent when I lived there. I camped and hiked in Tellico Plains as a kid/young adult but that has been a while.I plan on going to TN to visit in April for a shake down run before heading out on the TAT in June
Before Colorado I last lived in Montgomery, AL. I used to run with a group of guys out of Chattanooga a lot. Fun times. I was into harder stuff back then though.

Reactions: T. Stanley

T. Stanley

Rocky Mountain Region Member Rep Kansas
Launch Member

Member III

Clay Center, Kansas
First Name
Tim
Last Name
Stanley
Member #

Before Colorado I last lived in Montgomery, AL. I used to run with a group of guys out of Chattanooga a lot. Fun times. I was into harder stuff back then though.
Here are a few shots from one of the trail runs my cousin sent me pics of from Aetna Mountain Adventures. I think this is where he is taking me to do my “test run”/ shakedown before I go on the TAT

C8C7C8CA-22FA-46BB-9B0A-DC1DA60FA9E5.jpeg

Reactions: Neal A. Tew

Neal A. Tew

Mod Team

Member III

Pueblo West, CO
First Name
Neal
Last Name
Tew
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
N1TEW
Here are a few shots from one of the trail runs my cousin sent me pics of from Aetna Mountain Adventures. I think this is where he is taking me to do my “test run”/ shakedown before I go on the TAT

View attachment 188880
Oh, yes. I've been up on Aetna....