Contributor I

Chattanooga, TN, USA
First Name
nick
Last Name
Holkeboer
Ham/GMRS Callsign
Kn4vds
Hi, just like the title I'm new to the site and ham. Not to automotive (seasoned veteran ) if anyone has years of experience with mobile ham radios and can share some knowledge in the Chattanooga area please respond!

Reactions: Prerunner1982

Nickrh42

Rank 0

Contributor I

Chattanooga, TN, USA
First Name
nick
Last Name
Holkeboer
Ham/GMRS Callsign
Kn4vds
Look for a local ham club, If you have any questions, you can reach out to me at mpilkilton@gmail.com
Im looking for an Individual with knowledge / common interest in off-road if possible. If I come up empty handed I'll check a club but I was advised (maybe incorrectly) that many ham clubs have lots of politics involved which I'm not interested in.

Prerunner1982

Local Expert, Oklahoma USA
Launch Member

Member III

Navina, Oklahoma
First Name
Jon
Last Name
B
Member #

Hello Nick (@Nickrh42 ). Welcome from Oklahoma.
We have a good communication section here: Overland Communications
Feel free to post up any questions you may have, we have many knowledgeable members here.
You are also welcome to message me directly if you would like.

Also, we have a weekly Friday night net. The 1st Friday of each month is New Ham Q&A.
Time : 5:30PM Pacific Standard Time or 17:30 hours Pacific Standard Time
Where : Echolink Node 591550 (USA-GNG) known also as Grits N Gravy, DMR TG 1137550 and Allstar 41130
If you don't have access to an Echolink, DMR, or Allstar repeater don't worry many of us use the Echolink app.

Reactions: Nickrh42

Nickrh42

Rank 0

Contributor I

Chattanooga, TN, USA
First Name
nick
Last Name
Holkeboer
Ham/GMRS Callsign
Kn4vds
Hello Nick (@Nickrh42 ). Welcome from Oklahoma.
We have a good communication section here: Overland Communications
Feel free to post up any questions you may have, we have many knowledgeable members here.
You are also welcome to message me directly if you would like.

Also, we have a weekly Friday night net. The 1st Friday of each month is New Ham Q&A.
Time : 5:30PM Pacific Standard Time or 17:30 hours Pacific Standard Time
Where : Echolink Node 591550 (USA-GNG) known also as Grits N Gravy, DMR TG 1137550 and Allstar 41130
If you don't have access to an Echolink, DMR, or Allstar repeater don't worry many of us use the Echolink app.
I have the echolink app on my phone so I'm sure I'll be able to find you there. I have a dstar capable unit in my truck (5100a) but haven't used it enough to feel confident with many of it's functions.

Reactions: Prerunner1982