Belton, MO, USA
First Name
Robert
Last Name
Ortega
Member #

A new member as of today.
Stocked 1996 Cherokee XJ, 272k miles.
Have never been out Overlanding, all new to me. Haven't done anything to Jeep, but starting to look over so it holds up to some adventure. Was going this weekend for 4 days to Mark Twain National Forest, but rain starting Friday all the way through next week, so postponing.
Well, look forward to meeting other's.

Tks

Tega1966

Rank II
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Belton, MO, USA
First Name
Robert
Last Name
Ortega
Member #

Hello All.

Will be heading out tomorrow to Ozark National Park. This will be my first solo trip and pulling my pop up. Would appreciate an off road route that easy, and get me to some stream or a running river. Route must be easy in My Old Jeep, but off road where I can set up. Route I'm looking at is 50 Hwy to 19 South towards Cuba. Never been on any of these road's.
Saturday, will pack up and start heading north and need another location for that late afternoon stop somewhere. Same on Sunday morning, pack up and start heading towards Kansas City.
Now I'm open for anything I can go off road, if you know of someplace before that, I'm all ears. I've even thought of 10 killer lake.
If someone wants to call and save all the texting, I'd really appreciate it. Would even consider a nice camp ground one night, maybe Sunday???
Pics if my Jeep and my 1967 Fiberglass Krafty Camper

Tks
Robert

Attachments

Reactions: Iwata77

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Have never been out Overlanding, all new to me. Haven't done anything to Jeep, but starting to look over so it holds up to some adventure. Was going this weekend for 4 days to Mark Twain National Forest, but rain starting Friday all the way through next week, so postponing.

Tks
Welcome to Overland Bound Robert
Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planning page for trips being planned by members.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
You are in our Rocky Mountain Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
Social Media:
RM FB; Overland Bound - Rocky Mountain
The closest Member Representatives to you are @Iwata77 @Prerunner1982 and in the Ozarks @BlueLineOverland
Quick adult & youthTread Lightly online awareness course.
Tread Lightly | Online Courses
Tread Lightly! Youth Online Course
FYI, All Overland Expo shows have been cancelled this year. Due to Covid 19 concerns.

Iwata77

US Multi Region Local Expert OK,KS, MO, AR, TX
Launch Member

Pathfinder II

Tulsa, Tulsa County, Oklahoma, United States
First Name
Kate
Last Name
Iwata
Member #

Tks
Welcome from NE Oklahoma!

Tega1966

Rank II
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Belton, MO, USA
First Name
Robert
Last Name
Ortega
Member #

Here are the pics. Maybe meet up some time. A couple more hrs and hitting the road, feels like the longest two hrs but just going to take my time and be on my schedule and not everyone's time frame.
Now have to find someplace to stop once I get to ONF. Thinking about a campsite, that way, I don't have to search for a place to camp out in, since I've not even picked up a map but will allow me to ask locals some questions.

Tks

Attachments

Reactions: RideFlyDiveJeep

Rich_the4x4podcast

Rank IV
Launch Member

Advocate III

Lawrence KS
First Name
Rich
Last Name
Young
Member #

Here are the pics. Maybe meet up some time. A couple more hrs and hitting the road, feels like the longest two hrs but just going to take my time and be on my schedule and not everyone's time frame.
Now have to find someplace to stop once I get to ONF. Thinking about a campsite, that way, I don't have to search for a place to camp out in, since I've not even picked up a map but will allow me to ask locals some questions.

Tks
Download iOverlander and/or The Dyrt for campsites ideas.

Tega1966

Rank II
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Belton, MO, USA
First Name
Robert
Last Name
Ortega
Member #

Thanks for the info. Will download asap.
Googled one and about 19 min from one, Prairie Creek campsite, in Bentonville AR.