Contributor III

Hamilton, ON, Canada
First Name
Stan
Last Name
Hudecki
Member #

Hello Folks,

I have been following the movement for a very long time. First I followed the whole vanlife world and then transitioned over to the overland. I have been telling my wife for some time about my plan to convert my pick up to an SCGV - Self Contained Getaway Vehicle. I started my overland life in the Canadian Army. I served for 24 years starting on Leopard tanks, and later becoming a mobile support equipment operator (MSE-OP). The truck has not had any mods as of yet but I am working with the guys at Off Road Addiction in St. Thomas On. I know what I want for the most part, there are some areas I have questions about... communications (getting a ham radio lic in Canada), maps, routes, lift kits... I will see what I can find in the search bar, however I am not afraid to ask.

I look forward to meeting whomever I can.

Stan

Reactions: Kent R

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hello Folks,

I have been following the movement for a very long time. First I followed the whole vanlife world and then transitioned over to the overland. I have been telling my wife for some time about my plan to convert my pick up to an SCGV - Self Contained Getaway Vehicle. I started my overland life in the Canadian Army. I served for 24 years starting on Leopard tanks, and later becoming a mobile support equipment operator (MSE-OP). The truck has not had any mods as of yet but I am working with the guys at Off Road Addiction in St. Thomas On. I know what I want for the most part, there are some areas I have questions about... communications (getting a ham radio lic in Canada), maps, routes, lift kits... I will see what I can find in the search bar, however I am not afraid to ask.

I look forward to meeting whomever I can.

Stan
Welcome to Overland Bound Stan.
The closest Member Representative to you for local information is @ryancarman
As for the ham radio question, go to the Communications page and ask the question. If you still have questions @Prerunner1982 might be able to help you.
Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planning page for trips being planned by members. These pages can be filtered by region.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
Quick adult & youthTread Lightly online awareness course.
Tread Lightly | Online Courses
Tread Lightly! Youth Online Course

Reactions: Prerunner1982

Prerunner1982

Local Expert, Oklahoma USA
Launch Member

Member III

Navina, Oklahoma
First Name
Jon
Last Name
B