Enthusiast III

Flagstaff, AZ, USA
First Name
Kyle
Last Name
Lauro
Member #

Hello Overland Bound members!

New member here! I would start off by saying I am a Tacoma lover. My girlfriend calls me a "fan boy" but I prefer "enthusiast" :sunglasses: Anyway, I am on my 2nd Tacoma, after I recently purchased a new 2017 4x4 Double Cab Long Bed Off Road. I purchased the truck in August and I immediately got to work on some upgrades. I have big plans for this truck, but as it currently sits, my rig takes me wherever I need to go. I recently completed the Mojave Road trail overland trip and had a great time. For those who dont know, the Mojave Road is about 150 Miles of overlanding with little to no services that stretch across the Mojave Desert from SoCAL to Nevada/Arizona. Most of the trail is fairly tame and flat (some have done it in 2wd) but there were a few extra fun spots.

Clip of a well known wash area. Ruts were bigger than they "appeared" to be but I got to use my rear locker which I was REALLY stoked about :)

Being that I am a Tacoma owner, I have been living on TacomaWorld.com (most Taco owners know it) and I have met some great people and gone on many adventures. But at this point I am looking for something more. Something more organized, and most of all, diverse. I want to go from "just another Tacoma in the line" to being more unique and seeing all of the other overlanding rigs and people in the community.

I caught many of the Overland Bound videos on YouTube and have been considering joining for a while. I can really identify with the OB cause, and I appreciate the drive for getting out, exploring and having awesome adventures. I just enjoy the whole overlanding process. The planning, the mapping, the packing etc. I guess I could be called an Overlanding nerd hah, but its in my blood.

After stalking the site :laughing: for a good amount of time, I decided to pull the trigger and join up. I purchased the ultimate member pack and cannot wait for my emblem and shwag to arrive.

Anyway, here is my info! I look forward to joining the community!

Name: Kyle
Rig: 2017 Tacoma 4x4 Off Road (build thread coming soon)
Overland Experience: Intermediate

IMG_3206.JPG
Mojave_staged.JPG
IMG_3242.JPG
IMG_3146.JPG
IMG_2557.JPG

Attachments

Last edited:

IamMachines

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Flagstaff, AZ, USA
First Name
Kyle
Last Name
Lauro
Member #

That's an awesome truck, and great video! Do you ever use the crawl control?
Yea I have used it a few times, here is a quick video I just recently uploaded of the 1st time I used it. It was definitely a different experience letting the vehicle drive me up the hill hah

Here is a pic going up the same hill from a different angle
IMG_2556.JPG

Last edited: