Rank 0

Contributor I

Vallejo
First Name
Ruairi
Last Name
O'Donoghue
Hello OB community!
My name's Ruairi and I currently live in Vallejo, CA.
I'm born and raised in Colorado but now I go to school at the California Maritime Academy.
It's funny, I stumbled upon this forum while looking into HAM operator licenses on youtube, but I have been passively looking for "off-roader" forums with not much luck until now.
I believe I have a pretty unique "rig". It's a 2000 Lincoln Navigator on 20' wheels and 35' Nitto Ridge Grapplers, 2" spacers, and Bilstein shocks. I also have a 9000lb. winch and a small curved lightbar.
The truck does great in snow and the moderate offroading I've done in Colorado but I've never really pushed it to the limit.
I'm hoping through this forum I can meet new people and go on some trails I don't know exist!
78629465_2803580336339409_2977056499618021376_n.jpg

Narbob

US West Region Director
Staff member
Founder 500

Pathfinder II

Culver City California
First Name
Bob
Last Name
Brann
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ6W0A
Hello OB community!
I'm born and raised in Colorado but now I go to school at the California Maritime Academy.
It's funny, I stumbled upon this forum while looking into HAM operator licenses on youtube, but I have been passively looking for "off-roader" forums with not much luck until now.
I believe I have a pretty unique "rig". It's a 2000 Lincoln Navigator on 20' wheels and 35' Nitto Ridge Grapplers, 2" spacers, and Bilstein shocks. I also have a 9000lb. winch and a small curved lightbar.
The truck does great in snow and the moderate offroading I've done in Colorado but I've never really pushed it to the limit.
I'm hoping through this forum I can meet new people and go on some trails I don't know exist!
View attachment 128903
Welcome to Overland Bound!

Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planning page for trips being planned by members.

Overland Bound Meetups

If you have any questions message your Member Representative @Magic Mike or me, your Regional Director, on the forum at @Narbob

Magic Mike

US Full-time/Long Term Travel Ambassador
Launch Member

Expedition Master I

Rapid City, South Dakota, United States
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Lee
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YKV
Service Branch
Army & Marine Corps
Hello OB community!
View attachment 128903
Nice looking rig, and welcome to Overland Bound. As @Narbob stated I am your U.S. West member representative and if you have any questions or concerns feel free to contact me @Magic Mike, here on the forums.

Make sure to browse the new member threads for some good information, which will assist you in navigating the Overland Bound website. Also check out Rally Points and the calendar for local meetups, training and trips.

You have several monthly meetups within driving distance of Vallejo; Gold Country Overland meetup, in Auburn. Sierra Foothills Overlanders, in El Dorado Hills and the Dublin meetup. Check Rally Points or the calendar for dates & times.

Look forward to seeing you out on the trail, or at a meetup.

Reactions: rooroo52

rooroo52

Rank 0

Contributor I

Vallejo
First Name
Ruairi
Last Name
O'Donoghue
Nice looking rig, and welcome to Overland Bound. As @Narbob stated I am your U.S. West member representative and if you have any questions or concerns feel free to contact me @Magic Mike, here on the forums.

Make sure to browse the new member threads for some good information, which will assist you in navigating the Overland Bound website. Also check out Rally Points and the calendar for local meetups, training and trips.

You have several monthly meetups within driving distance of Vallejo; Gold Country Overland meetup, in Auburn. Sierra Foothills Overlanders, in El Dorado Hills and the Dublin meetup. Check Rally Points or the calendar for dates & times.

Look forward to seeing you out on the trail, or at a meetup.
Thanks for the info! I've been doing some looking around. I'll have to try to make it to one of those meetups soon.

Reactions: Magic Mike

Magic Mike

US Full-time/Long Term Travel Ambassador
Launch Member

Expedition Master I

Rapid City, South Dakota, United States
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Lee
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YKV
Service Branch
Army & Marine Corps
Thanks for the info! I've been doing some looking around. I'll have to try to make it to one of those meetups soon.
The Gold Country Overland meetup is on Saturday, December 7th 2 1830 (6;30pm) to 2030 hrs or 8;30pm

Reactions: rooroo52

PapaDave

Local Expert Northern ID and North East WA

Protector II

Coeur d'Alene, ID, USA
First Name
Dave
Last Name
Addington
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6BKH
Welcome! December 8th we are having a meet up in Pleasanton, little south of you. Hope you are well!