• HTML tutorial

MUD_88

Rank I

Contributor III

First Name
MUD
Last Name
WALKER
Morning, Afternoon,Evening folks wherever you are in the world.
I hope that everyone is safe and healthy.

Names Richie but all my friends know and call me by MUD (even my wife)
From the uk and living in the North East Coast.
Been 4wd'ing since I was old enough to drive but only over the last year or so started our Overlanding journey.
Being an avid Green Oval nut (I know a lot of folks hate them ) hell me too at times and ive had a lot over the years, I decided to try the overland build off my 2015 Discovery4 (LR4) as its known across the pond.
This been my daily drive ive had to be mindful of everything I did.
Still needing 6 seats it was and still is a challenge to fit things in but when its just me and the wife its great.
I will hopefully get a full build thread posted at some point but wanted to say hello.

MUD

2023-09-03 12.58.32.jpg

El-Dracho

Ambassador, Europe
Supporter
Investor

Inventor I

Lampertheim, Germany
First Name
Bjoern
Last Name
Eldracher
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
DO3BE

Been 4wd'ing since I was old enough to drive but only over the last year or so started our Overlanding journey.
Being an avid Green Oval nut (I know a lot of folks hate them ) hell me too at times and ive had a lot over the years, I decided to try the overland build off my 2015 Discovery4 (LR4) as its known across the pond.
Still needing 6 seats it was and still is a challenge to fit things in but when its just me and the wife its great.
I will hopefully get a full build thread posted at some point but wanted to say hello.

MUD

View attachment 273719
Hi MUD!

Welcome to Overland Bound!

That is a nice Disco 4. Enjoy.

Look around here in the forums and you'll find plenty of good information about overlanding. In the regional subforums you will also find good information about trips in Europe. Check the map for POIs and please take a look at the Rally Points if you like for planned meetups, here you can filter by region, e.g. West Europe for the UK.

If you have any questions please just ask. I am always happy to help.

Greetings
Bjoern - currently on the road in the icy north

MUD_88

Rank I

Contributor III

First Name
MUD
Last Name
WALKER
Hi MUD!

Welcome to Overland Bound!

That is a nice Disco 4. Enjoy.

Look around here in the forums and you'll find plenty of good information about overlanding. In the regional subforums you will also find good information about trips in Europe. Check the map for POIs and please take a look at the Rally Points if you like for planned meetups, here you can filter by region, e.g. West Europe for the UK.

If you have any questions please just ask. I am always happy to help.

Greetings
Bjoern - currently on the road in the icy north
Many Thanks Bjoern....safe trip

Reactions: El-Dracho

Enthusiast III

West Yorkshire, UK
First Name
Mick
Last Name
Thresh
Afternoon Mud nice looking disco, I'm in the same position daily drive vehicle too, got to keep it simple and still easy to drive for the wife, work in progress for me got a few of the big jobs done over Christmas 2" OME lift and a set of 5 new falkens I went for a slightly larger profile 65 instead of 60, roof tent I picked up from Seaham area still lots to do.
Look forward to reading your build threat.

Mick.

MUD_88

Rank I

Contributor III

First Name
MUD
Last Name
WALKER
Afternoon Mud nice looking disco, I'm in the same position daily drive vehicle too, got to keep it simple and still easy to drive for the wife, work in progress for me got a few of the big jobs done over Christmas 2" OME lift and a set of 5 new falkens I went for a slightly larger profile 65 instead of 60, roof tent I picked up from Seaham area still lots to do.
Look forward to reading your build threat.

Mick.
Thanks Mick....my mate has the shogun ....real smart looking machines

Reactions: Yorkshire Viking

freak4life

Local Expert

Contributor II

Cañon City, Colorado, USA
First Name
rich
Last Name
anderssohn

MUD

View attachment 273719
Hello Richie, welcome to Overland Bound.

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter

MUD

View attachment 273719
Welcome To Overland Bound Richie, aka MUD
Our European Ambassadors are Dave Spinks @PolarisOverland
West Europe, and Bjoern Eldracher @El-Dracho
Local Experts in the UK are @professorpool @caspoint220
Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planning page for trips being planned by members. These pages can be filtered by region.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
You can use the Member Map to find other members and events in your area. You can also send a message directly from the map to other members.
RESOURCE MAP
App Tutorials
Overland Bound One App Adventure and Expedition Tutorials
Take a try at adding a track or point of interest to the app.
Local information for any of our regions can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
West Europe
Quick adult & youthTread Lightly online awareness course.
Online Courses - Tread Lightly
Tread Lightly! Youth Online Course
If you have any questions don't hesitate to message me, hopefully I can get you going in the right direction. @Kent R or Kent@OverlandBound.com

MUD_88

Rank I

Contributor III

First Name
MUD
Last Name
WALKER
Welcome To Overland Bound Richie, aka MUD
Our European Ambassadors are Dave Spinks @PolarisOverland
West Europe, and Bjoern Eldracher @El-Dracho
Local Experts in the UK are @professorpool @caspoint220
Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planning page for trips being planned by members. These pages can be filtered by region.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
You can use the Member Map to find other members and events in your area. You can also send a message directly from the map to other members.
RESOURCE MAP
App Tutorials
Overland Bound One App Adventure and Expedition Tutorials
Take a try at adding a track or point of interest to the app.
Local information for any of our regions can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
West Europe
Quick adult & youthTread Lightly online awareness course.
Online Courses - Tread Lightly
Tread Lightly! Youth Online Course
If you have any questions don't hesitate to message me, hopefully I can get you going in the right direction. @Kent R or Kent@OverlandBound.com
Thank you....very helpful

roots66

Local Expert, Texas USA
Launch Member

Member III

Weir, TX, USA
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Roots
Member #

Service Branch
USAF

MUD

View attachment 273719
Hello and welcome to the OB family.

JamesSmith

Rank IV
Investor

Advocate III

Columbia, SC
First Name
James
Last Name
Smith
Member #

Service Branch
Army Infantry

MUD

View attachment 273719
Welcome from South Carolina!

Reactions: MUD_88

MUD_88

Rank I

Contributor III

First Name
MUD
Last Name
WALKER

MUD

View attachment 273719
Welcome from South Carolina!
Thanks mate

MUD_88

Rank I

Contributor III

First Name
MUD
Last Name
WALKER

MUD

View attachment 273719
Hello and welcome to the OB family.
Thanks mate

caspoint220

local Expert, West Europe
Launch Member

Steward I

Biblical Garden, Elgin, Scotland IV30 1HU, United Kingdom
First Name
Steve
Last Name
W
Member #

MUD

View attachment 273719
Welcome mate, if you need anything - just give me a shout. We have an active WhatsApp group too with daily chat on there! Welcome, looking forward to meeting you.