Rank I

Contributor III

OC, California, US
First Name
James
Last Name
H.
Member #

New member here, thought it would be appropriate to introduce myself. I recently relocated from the East coast out to Orange County. The amazing opportunity to get out and explore a beautiful part of the country, as well as having three young boys looking to start exploring nature, has drawn me to the community to learn more. I'm really pumped to be able to share some of my childhood memories with my kids.

I don't have much off road or trail experience, so I have been picking up what I can while trying to piece together the start of a build that will serve me well for many years.

My foundation is a 2018 Silverado Z71. Current setup is a Voodoo Max Modular rack and Front Runner RTT. Next up will likely be wheels, tires and some type of lift or suspension. But going to hold off on that for a little while to get out and see what I really need before buying anything.

Anyways, thanks for the great community. Lots of amazing ideas and rigs to browse through for inspiration, so I appreciate all of documentation that has been left behind. I look forward to meeting some of you as I get further along in the adventure.

Thanks,
James20190715_195740.jpg20190720_184327.jpg

Reactions: Narbob and Chadlyb

jimbowattz

Rank I

Contributor III

OC, California, US
First Name
James
Last Name
H.
Member #

Welcome. Smart move to not start spending lots until you know what you need vs want. I am in the same boat.
Thanks, agree! Full disclosure though, I've already caught the bug and have made some purchases, but not as big as suspension, wheels and tire decision yet :)

I've bolted on a skid plate and some off-the-shelf sliders for a little piece of mind as I get going. Didn't have many slider options for Silverado so I'm not really thrilled with the ones I got, may look for different option once I see where the big deficiencies are. And I added an onboard compressor to make things a little easier. So we'll see where things take me. Thanks for the reply.

Chadlyb

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate III

Bend, OR, USA
Member #

New member here, thought it would be appropriate to introduce myself. I recently relocated from the East coast out to Orange County. The amazing opportunity to get out and explore a beautiful part of the country, as well as having three young boys looking to start exploring nature, has drawn me to the community to learn more. I'm really pumped to be able to share some of my childhood memories with my kids.

I don't have much off road or trail experience, so I have been picking up what I can while trying to piece together the start of a build that will serve me well for many years.

My foundation is a 2018 Silverado Z71. Current setup is a Voodoo Max Modular rack and Front Runner RTT. Next up will likely be wheels, tires and some type of lift or suspension. But going to hold off on that for a little while to get out and see what I really need before buying anything.

Anyways, thanks for the great community. Lots of amazing ideas and rigs to browse through for inspiration, so I appreciate all of documentation that has been left behind. I look forward to meeting some of you as I get further along in the adventure.

Thanks,
JamesView attachment 109741View attachment 109742
Hello and welcome to the OB crew....good looking rig and look forward to seeing your build and your adventures.

Reactions: jimbowattz

Narbob

US West Region Director
Staff member
Founder 500

Pathfinder II

Culver City California
First Name
Bob
Last Name
Brann
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ6W0A

Thanks,
JamesView attachment 109741View attachment 109742
Welcome to Overland Bound!

Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planning page for trips being planned by members.

Overland Bound Meetups

There is a great meet-up in Orange County that you might be interested in. US West - Reoccurring - Orange County Overland Bound Monthly Meet-up - 12/01/2018

If you have any questions message your Member Representative, @FrankRoams, or me, your Regional Director, on the forum at @Narbob

Reactions: FrankRoams

jimbowattz

Rank I

Contributor III

OC, California, US
First Name
James
Last Name
H.
Member #

Welcome to Overland Bound!

Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planning page for trips being planned by members.

Overland Bound Meetups

There is a great meet-up in Orange County that you might be interested in. US West - Reoccurring - Orange County Overland Bound Monthly Meet-up - 12/01/2018

If you have any questions message your Member Representative, @FrankRoams, or me, your Regional Director, on the forum at @Narbob
Thanks! I have seen that meetup recently and have it on the calendar.

Reactions: Narbob

FrankRoams

Local Expert Southern CA

Member III

Aliso Viejo, CA
First Name
Frank
Last Name
Martinez
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6TRD
Welcome to all the new members! #4234 Orange County, CA.