• HTML tutorial

PDJeep

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Arlington, VA, USA
Member #

Hello All,
I am very excited to have found this group and I look forward meeting as many of you as possible.

For the past few years I have considered myself a bit of a "lost soul", just going through the motions of day to day life. I grew up in Central VA and spent as much time as possible outside looking for adventure. I was involved with Scouting and earned the rank of Eagle Scout just before heading off to college. Somewhere along the way I must have made a wrong turn and found myself bouncing around a fast paced life of tall buildings and concrete, where trees and dirt trails used to be.

About a year ago, realizing I was about to turn 40 and outside of my wonderful marriage, there was not much to be excited about. On a whelm I bought a mountain bike and just started riding. The freedom of being outside seemed to spark a fire I had not felt in a long time and I was happy. After only riding a bike for about a month I committed myself to a 114 mile, self supported, week long mountain bike trip through the Shenandoah Mountains. It was one of the hardest yet most rewarding adventures of my life.

After finishing the trip I found myself with nothing to look forward to and became quite depressed. It didn't take long to realize that all I wanted was to be outside, away from the stress and hustle of everyday. I decided to make another commitment and promised myself I would not let "my life" interfere with "Living" my life. I recently acquired a basic 4x8 foot utility trailer and have plans to build my first Overland Adventure Trailer, GET BACK TO NATURE and GET BACK TO LIVING!!

Thanks again for putting this together and I hope to see you in the woods.

Phil Davis

dj_mccomas

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Louisville, KY
First Name
DJ
Last Name
McComas
Member #

Hey Phil, welcome to OB! Awesome to hear you found what was missing, definitely have to find that balance man.

Reactions: PDJeep

Jake Wettern | iamjake

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Wisconsin Rapids, WI
Member #

Hello All,
I am very excited to have found this group and I look forward meeting as many of you as possible.

For the past few years I have considered myself a bit of a "lost soul", just going through the motions of day to day life. I grew up in Central VA and spent as much time as possible outside looking for adventure. I was involved with Scouting and earned the rank of Eagle Scout just before heading off to college. Somewhere along the way I must have made a wrong turn and found myself bouncing around a fast paced life of tall buildings and concrete, where trees and dirt trails used to be.

About a year ago, realizing I was about to turn 40 and outside of my wonderful marriage, there was not much to be excited about. On a whelm I bought a mountain bike and just started riding. The freedom of being outside seemed to spark a fire I had not felt in a long time and I was happy. After only riding a bike for about a month I committed myself to a 114 mile, self supported, week long mountain bike trip through the Shenandoah Mountains. It was one of the hardest yet most rewarding adventures of my life.

After finishing the trip I found myself with nothing to look forward to and became quite depressed. It didn't take long to realize that all I wanted was to be outside, away from the stress and hustle of everyday. I decided to make another commitment and promised myself I would not let "my life" interfere with "Living" my life. I recently acquired a basic 4x8 foot utility trailer and have plans to build my first Overland Adventure Trailer, GET BACK TO NATURE and GET BACK TO LIVING!!

Thanks again for putting this together and I hope to see you in the woods.

Phil Davis
Hi Phil and welcome to OB! You'll have to post pics of your trailer and rig! Safe travels man and enjoy those open roads!

Reactions: PDJeep