New Member from Ventura County, CA

• HTML tutorial

Enthusiast I

Hi All!

My name is Wes and I am from Ventura County, CA... Camarillo to be exact.

I bought a 2007 LX470 about 2 months ago and I have been enjoying it ever since. I am new to overlanding but I am having a great time so far. I love going out and exploring new places in my 100. I am hoping to meet some locals who share the same interest!

I've already taken my rig out on a few trips. The 100 platform is really amazing. I've attached a few pictures. :grinning:

Wes

Attachments

Chadlyb

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate III

Bend, OR, USA
Member #

Hi All!

I bought a 2007 LX470 about 2 months ago and I have been enjoying it ever since. I am new to overlanding but I am having a great time so far. I love going out and exploring new places in my 100. I am hoping to meet some locals who share the same interest!

I've already taken my rig out on a few trips. The 100 platform is really amazing. I've attached a few pictures. :grinning:

Wes
Hello Wes and welcome to the OB crew....nice looking Toy and look forward to seeing your build and your adventures.

Enthusiast I

Hello Wes and welcome to the OB crew....nice looking Toy and look forward to seeing your build and your adventures.
Hey, thanks. Happy to be here!

Growing up, I never went camping, hiking, or really any sort of “outdoorsy” activities. My parents weren’t into that sort of thing.

I’m trying to do a lot more of that now since it was always of interest to me. Hopefully my 100 will be a good companion for all of my adventures!

Reactions: Chadlyb

Chadlyb

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate III

Bend, OR, USA
Member #

Hey, thanks. Happy to be here!

Growing up, I never went camping, hiking, or really any sort of “outdoorsy” activities. My parents weren’t into that sort of thing.

I’m trying to do a lot more of that now since it was always of interest to me. Hopefully my 100 will be a good companion for all of my adventures!
Great capable vehicle and it's never to late to find adventure in the wild.

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hi All!

Wes
Welcome to Overland Bound! If you are interested in attending a meet-up there will be one in Agoura Hills on August 11 at 0930 hrs. Here is the Rally Point with all the info.
https://www.overlandbound.com/event/ventura-county-chapter-meetup-front-runner-outfitters/
If you have any questions please msg me on the forum @Kent R

Enthusiast I

Welcome to Overland Bound! If you are interested in attending a meet-up there will be one in Agoura Hills on August 11 at 0930 hrs. Here is the Rally Point with all the info.
https://www.overlandbound.com/event/ventura-county-chapter-meetup-front-runner-outfitters/
If you have any questions please msg me on the forum @Kent R
Hey Kent, thanks.

Just my luck... I won't be available to attend that event. I'll be in Huntington Beach on the 11th competing in an obstacle course. Hopefully I can attend the next one.

I am familiar with Front Runner, but never knew they were based out of Agoura. Funny enough, I noticed their shop the other week as I was driving by on the 101 and noticed a Defender parked outside that caught my eye!

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hey Kent, thanks.

Just my luck... I won't be available to attend that event. I'll be in Huntington Beach on the 11th competing in an obstacle course. Hopefully I can attend the next one.

I am familiar with Front Runner, but never knew they were based out of Agoura. Funny enough, I noticed their shop the other week as I was driving by on the 101 and noticed a Defender parked outside that caught my eye!
Im sure the Ventura group will have another one fairly soon. And yes the defender they have is awesome.

Javier6204

Rank II
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Strada Lobia, 171, Vicenza, Province of Vicenza, Italy
First Name
Javier
Last Name
Hernandez
Member #

Service Branch
US Army
Hi All!

Wes
I am also here in Camarillo. Have you been to any trails around here or camp sites. We should meet and do something local.

Reactions: Narbob