Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Oregon, USA
First Name
Ken
Last Name
Garrison
Member #

Hi Ken, how were your holidays? I have been looking for that blue machine but haven't seen you yet. You would have trouble seeing me because I haven't driven my truck for a couple weeks.
Hi Gary,
Holidays were good how about yours? I have been looking for you so that might explain why I haven't seen you. I was behind a brown/gold chevy without a canopy the other night thought maybe it was you.

Reactions: Big G

Big G

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Grants Pass, OR, USA
First Name
Gary
Last Name
Cloud
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7MZB
Hi Gary,
Holidays were good how about yours? I have been looking for you so that might explain why I haven't seen you. I was behind a brown/gold chevy without a canopy the other night thought maybe it was you.
Our holidays were good, but quiet. None of our kids or grandkids were able to come but we still had a good holiday. I'll get my truck out more and if we don't run over each other soon maybe we can set a date to meet somewhere.

Big G

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Grants Pass, OR, USA
First Name
Gary
Last Name
Cloud
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7MZB
Southern Oregon Guys, don’t feel left out of the meet ups and planning, we working on a strategy to get stuff worked up in your areas as well. I will be sending out a mass letter later on this week to discuss your needs along with how @Gabriel Bozeman , @Sandpoint Steve and myself @Slimpartywagon can help get things rolling in your neck of the woods.

In the mean time, feel free to message me with ideas and concerns.
Hey Michael good to hear from you. I don't feel left out I just thought because there are a number of members down here in Grants Pass and Medford areas it might be good to get together sometime. I think I saw a meet up for Eastern Oregon, Washington, and Idaho, but that's too far for me to go right now. Will look forward to your letter. BTW if you remember you mentioned to me about the 4th of July rally and I did sign up. Looking forward to that.

M Rose

Local Expert
Mod Team

Advocate III

Northeast Oregon, United States
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Rose
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W7FSB
Service Branch
US ARMY Retired
Hey Michael good to hear from you. I don't feel left out I just thought because there are a number of members down here in Grants Pass and Medford areas it might be good to get together sometime. I think I saw a meet up for Eastern Oregon, Washington, and Idaho, but that's too far for me to go right now. Will look forward to your letter. BTW if you remember you mentioned to me about the 4th of July rally and I did sign up. Looking forward to that.
Yes Gary I remember pointing you to the Rally and glad you joined, looking forward to meeting you.
I understand the Tri-Cities is a stretch for most to make from central Oregon.
I encourage you guys to go ahead and get a group started. Contact any of us with questions on how to get a group started, itinerary ideas, or specific training requests. And like I said earlier, I will be sending out a mass email later this week with some good information to better help you guys as you try to get off the ground and get stuff going.

One last point, remember to keep the Overlanding Principals close to your heart as you get together and start adventures as a group. Tread Lightly, and lastly leave it better than you found it.

Kent and Gabe are full of great information, I am new to this position, but I know these 3 guys are who I turn to with all my questions and concerns when I don’t have the information at hand.

your Northwest member Reps are again
@Gabriel Bozeman @Sandpoint Steve and myself @Slimpartywagon
Our regional director for the time being is @Kent R

Mike Rose
US NW MEMBER REP

Big G

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Grants Pass, OR, USA
First Name
Gary
Last Name
Cloud
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7MZB
Yes Gary I remember pointing you to the Rally and glad you joined, looking forward to meeting you.
I understand the Tri-Cities is a stretch for most to make from central Oregon.
I encourage you guys to go ahead and get a group started. Contact any of us with questions on how to get a group started, itinerary ideas, or specific training requests. And like I said earlier, I will be sending out a mass email later this week with some good information to better help you guys as you try to get off the ground and get stuff going.

One last point, remember to keep the Overlanding Principals close to your heart as you get together and start adventures as a group. Tread Lightly, and lastly leave it better than you found it.

Kent and Gabe are full of great information, I am new to this position, but I know these 3 guys are who I turn to with all my questions and concerns when I don’t have the information at hand.

your Northwest member Reps are again
@Gabriel Bozeman @Sandpoint Steve and myself @Slimpartywagon
Our regional director for the time being is @Kent R

Mike Rose
US NW MEMBER REP
Thanks Mike for responding again. I will definitely keep in mind the Overlanding Principles and make sure to be conscience of them.

Reactions: Gabriel Bozeman

Big G

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Grants Pass, OR, USA
First Name
Gary
Last Name
Cloud
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7MZB
Thanks Mike for responding again. I will definitely keep in mind the Overlanding Principles and make sure to be conscience of them.
Oh one more thing. I'm sure it was an oversight, and I'm not being critical, but if its a stretch for those from Central Oregon to come to the Eastern part of the state, imagine how much of a bigger stretch it would be for us from Southern Oregon. LOL

M Rose

Local Expert
Mod Team

Advocate III

First Name
Michael
Last Name
Rose
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W7FSB
Service Branch
US ARMY Retired
Oh one more thing. I'm sure it was an oversight, and I'm not being critical, but if its a stretch for those from Central Oregon to come to the Eastern part of the state, imagine how much of a bigger stretch it would be for us from Southern Oregon. LOL
Out here in the east, everything west of the blues but east of the cascades is central for us, so yes I know you guys down south are stretched like Inspector Gadget.

M Rose

Local Expert
Mod Team

Advocate III

First Name
Michael
Last Name
Rose
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W7FSB
Service Branch
US ARMY Retired
I’m sending you a DM Gary

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hey Community!

New member from the Rogue Valley in Southern Oregon (anyone else from here?) currently starting to build a 2016 SR5 4Runner. Moved over from a 2000 Limited 4Runner. My family does a lot of camping and exploring!

View attachment 133810
Welcome to Overland Bound!

Don't hesitate to contact your Interim Regional Director @Kent R for help or information. The Northwest Regions Member Representatives are @Sandpoint Steve @Gabriel Bozeman @Slimpartywagon.

I am planing a Southern Oregon meet-up sometime around Memorial Day. I will be in Grants Pass visiting and going to Boatnik, once I get the date set a rally point will be put out to all of Southern OR. Any questions about this just message me @Kent R

Enthusiast III

Medford, OR, USA
First Name
Shawn
Last Name
Coleman
Hi Shawn welcome to the OB community. I joined back in November so I'm still figuring out things but I"m glad to be a part of this. I live in Grants Pass so perhaps we could meet up sometime. There are a few members over here and in Medford so maybe it's time to get a meet up of Southern Oregon members. Anyway glad you've joined.
Thanks for the welcome, I followed you and would love to meet up this summer for some day/night trips. I know the valley and surrounding area and up towards crater lake very well but haven’t dabbled over in the grants lass / coast area so that would be entirely new to myself and family, which would be fun!

Munga Brown

US Northwest Region Member Rep Oregon
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Central OR Coast
First Name
Martin
Last Name
S.
Member #

Heya Shawn, welcome to the forum. I'm from the central coast (between Florence & Newport). If you're out this way, give a shout!

Big G

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Grants Pass, OR, USA
First Name
Gary
Last Name
Cloud
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7MZB
Hi Gary,
Hi Ken, haven't connected for awhile so thought I'd contact you. How have you been, busy no doubt? I keep looking for your rig but haven't seen it yet. Was tempted to find out where the Parks department main offices are and come snoop around till I found you. Obviously I didn't do that. I don't know if you got the RP invite for our Meet and Greet for March 14 but I'd sure like to have you come. If you didn't get the invite for some reason go on the RP and look for Southern Oregon Meet and Greet, March 14, 2020. Or just get back to me and I'll let you know what's going on. Hope you're well and look forward to hearing from you.

RRitchey

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Sumpter Oregon, USA
First Name
Russell
Last Name
Ritchey
Member #

Hi Shawn, previous Oregonian... Oregon City, Bend, Eugene/Springfield, Sumpter.. Now up in Washington and getting tired of the rain. Welcome from the Upper rainy left corner.

Enthusiast III

Medford, OR, USA
First Name
Shawn
Last Name
Coleman
Hi Shawn, previous Oregonian... Oregon City, Bend, Eugene/Springfield, Sumpter.. Now up in Washington and getting tired of the rain. Welcome from the Upper rainy left corner.

You know, I love Washington- lived there for years. Did so much backpacking in the Cascades and Olympics. I can’t stand the rain. It’s hard enough for the 4-5 months in Oregon haha. Any plans to come back south?

RRitchey

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Sumpter Oregon, USA
First Name
Russell
Last Name
Ritchey
Member #

Washington does have some beautiful areas, but so does Oregon. The rain and grey skies do get pretty old after a few weeks. We may move back to Eastern Oregon when we retire. I would love to move back tomorrow, but still have a few good work years left.

Reactions: M Rose

Enthusiast III

Medford, OR, USA
First Name
Shawn
Last Name
Coleman
Washington does have some beautiful areas, but so does Oregon. The rain and grey skies do get pretty old after a few weeks. We may move back to Eastern Oregon when we retire. I would love to move back tomorrow, but still have a few good work years left.
I have our families first Eastern Oregon trip planned for this summer. We’re going to mob around the steens and hit Alvord then find some roads to get lost on the way back! I can’t wait

Reactions: M Rose

M Rose

Local Expert
Mod Team

Advocate III

First Name
Michael
Last Name
Rose
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W7FSB
Service Branch
US ARMY Retired
I have our families first Eastern Oregon trip planned for this summer. We’re going to mob around the steens and hit Alvord then find some roads to get lost on the way back! I can’t wait
@Big G is hosting a Southern Oregon Meet and Greet this weekend March 14th. Details can be found below. Also members are having a camp out in Grants Pass to help support this meetup. If interested RSVP, then contact @OdinOutdoors for information regarding the Campout.