Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Looking forward to being a part of OB
Welcome to Overland Bound!

I hope to have a meet-up in Southern OR in the spring probably around the Boatnik weekend. You will receive an invite here with a Rally Point link.

You are in the Northwest Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY

Your interim Regional Director is @Kent R. The closest Member Representative is @Gabriel Bozeman

Gabriel Bozeman

Rank V
Launch Member

Traveler II

Oak Harbor, WA, USA
First Name
Gabriel
Last Name
Bozeman
Member #

Looking forward to being a part of OB
Here are a few tips to get you started:
-Check out the local region's forums for events and meetups in your area.
-Check out the Rally Point system and the Member Map for events and other people around you. Super helpful.
-Our region also has a FB page.

If you need anything, feel free to PM me or tag me in the forums at @Gabriel Bozeman.

Big G

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Grants Pass, OR, USA
First Name
Gary
Last Name
Cloud
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7MZB
Here are a few tips to get you started:
-Check out the local region's forums for events and meetups in your area.
-Check out the Rally Point system and the Member Map for events and other people around you. Super helpful.
-Our region also has a FB page.

If you need anything, feel free to PM me or tag me in the forums at @Gabriel Bozeman.
Hey Gabriel thanks for the input. I have checked out the Rally point section and the map. Not sure I've seen any local region forums specifically but will keep checking. Will look at fb page.

Big G

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Grants Pass, OR, USA
First Name
Gary
Last Name
Cloud
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7MZB
Welcome to Overland Bound!

I hope to have a meet-up in Southern OR in the spring probably around the Boatnik weekend. You will receive an invite here with a Rally Point link.

You are in the Northwest Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY

Your interim Regional Director is @Kent R. The closest Member Representative is @Gabriel Bozeman
Thanks Kent for connecting with me. Will look forward to the meet up. Are you planning to be around here for Boatnik? That's one crazy weekend around here.
Merry Christmas

Reactions: Ken3express

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Thanks Kent for connecting with me. Will look forward to the meet up. Are you planning to be around here for Boatnik? That's one crazy weekend around here.
Merry Christmas
I miss that week and want to see some of the action. We lived off of Jumpoff Joe for ten years from 2003-2013.
Things can always change so ill get back to you.

Merry Christmas

Big G

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Grants Pass, OR, USA
First Name
Gary
Last Name
Cloud
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7MZB
I miss that week and want to see some of the action. We lived off of Jumpoff Joe for ten years from 2003-2013.
Things can always change so ill get back to you.

Merry Christmas
Oh wow you lived off Jump off Joe, that's interesting. I'll keep checking about that meet up.

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Oh wow you lived off Jump off Joe, that's interesting. I'll keep checking about that meet up.
Shorthorn Gulch to be exact. We try to go back at least once a year to visit friends.

Munga Brown

US Northwest Region Member Rep Oregon
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Central OR Coast
First Name
Martin
Last Name
S.
Member #

Well I obviously hit the post button to soon. Thanks for the welcome. Central Oregon is someplace hope I get to explore this coming year. I watch Coyote Works and Primal Outdoors videos and they have stirred my interest to experience that area. Have a Merry Christmas.
I subscribe to these dudes, too. If you're on the coast, look me up!

Munga Brown

US Northwest Region Member Rep Oregon
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Central OR Coast
First Name
Martin
Last Name
S.
Member #

He became mayor in 2000, I was just out of AIT then. Once out of the service, I started attending several of the city council meetings. Some of those were very interesting.

My dad was also the president of the volunteer fire department. I sat in one a few of those meetings when the department got a military truck for free to turn into a tanker truck. The community was in an uproar because the truck was going to be worth almost a million dollats by the time it was complete. I remember laughing hysterically during the first half of the meeting and one of the members of the board asked me what was so funny. My reply pretty much boiled down to The truck is worth almost a million bucks, exactly how much is the fire department spending, how much is the city spending, how much is the county and state as well? They were like, well one million. I was like no, the truck was going to scrap and the Army gave it to the Forrest Service to donate to Rural Fire Departments to help fight Forrest fires on National Forrest Lands. The pumping equipent and holding tanks are being donated by a millitary surplus store because the equipment has been sitting for nearly 2 decades. The paint was donated from a local paint store. And I donated 6 months and my shop into retrofitting the truck and getting it ready to paint. And lastly the fire chief painted the truck. So I asked again, exactly how much did this truck cost to build.

now 4 years later, that same truck developed a few problems, and the same people opposed to the truck wanted to sell it and buy a smaller truck. I then asked if the truck was a money pit? The answer was no. In fact the department has made a Lot of money with said truck, because the forres Service pays the department for use of the truck and 2 fire fighters at $1500 per day up to 90 days consecutive. Going to a smaller truck looses the FS support for the small fire department. I was able to talk them into the $800 the truck needed.
This sounds like the common sense politics that I enjoy staying far, far away from in my little town! All that drama over $800...! hahaha!! Crazy, ain't it?