Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

California, USA
First Name
Sean
Last Name
S
Welcome to the forums and the overlanding community. I have great memories of my time backpacking around Australia just over a decade ago. Queensland was a favorite state for me and Fraser Island was my first and only chance in Australia to drive a four wheel drive vehicle as part of an offroad tour. It's an amazing and very beautiful island. I never got stuck in the sand while driving along 75 Mile Beach, which was a bit soft going at times. The fact that we all survived the experience is something of a miracle!:tonguewink:

lis-a-lux

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Bucca QLD Australia
Member #

Welcome to the forums and the overlanding community. I have great memories of my time backpacking around Australia just over a decade ago. Queensland was a favorite state for me and Fraser Island was my first and only chance in Australia to drive a four wheel drive vehicle as part of an offroad tour. It's an amazing and very beautiful island. I never got stuck in the sand while driving along 75 Mile Beach, which was a bit soft going at times. The fact that we all survived the experience is something of a miracle!:tonguewink:
Fraser island is a excellent part of the world. I worked on fraser Island as a chef at happy valley. love it so much I spent my days off there exploring the island. I work there for almost 3years. (about 8years ago) . So beautiful and so different in many parts of the island. Great fishing there to. Sadly I left to explore other parts of Australia. On my must do again list for sure.

Scott Murray

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Leinster WA, Australia
First Name
Scott
Last Name
Murray
Member #

Welcome Melissa, we are just up the road from you in Jabiru (Kakadu National Park) feel free to drop in and say hi anytime.
We just got back a few weeks ago from a drive across from Jabiru to Cairns. That was a great drive.

Reactions: lis-a-lux