Rank I

Enthusiast I

Ontario, Canada
First Name
Marc
Last Name
Lando
Greetings fellow overlanders!

I'm new to the Overland Bound community and wanted to introduce myself. I'm a semi-retired sports photographer who loves the outdoors, mountain biking and camping. My rig is a 2021 Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited. It's been great so far.

B0BED380-DD28-43C2-ADD8-2F6281D0B95A.JPG

I would love to connect with other members to trip with mid-week. This allows for greater access to sites and less traffic on the trails. I've spent a great deal of time outdoors and had some great adventures in my 51 years. I'm really not a car guy and have limited experience doing serious wheeling or rock crawling but love to explore and my Jeep has been great for this. I live in the GTA but have an off-grid spot near Bobcaygeon I use as a home base. I have jeep trails through my property but would love to explore more of the region. The trails in the area (five points) are more advanced and I don't feel comfortable going alone. I've joined O4FWD and will try a newbie run this summer. I would love to find someone to show me the area that I can do some trail runs with. My first purchases for the jeep were a winch and recovery gear so I am ready to play. I'd also like to do some bigger trips into Algoma and into Quebec. I often go mountain biking around Ottawa as well. Finding a fellow mountain biker would be a bonus!

See you on the trails!

Last edited:

Advocate I

Owen Sound, Ontario, Canada
First Name
James
Last Name
Girard
Member #

I'm new to the Overland Bound community and wanted to introduce myself. I'm a semi-retired sports photographer who loves the outdoors, mountain biking and camping. My rig is a 2021 Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited. It's been great so far.

View attachment 223914

I would love to connect with other members to trip with mid-week. This allows for greater access to sites and less traffic on the trails. I've spent a great deal of time outdoors and had some great adventures in my 51 years. I'm really not a car guy and have limited experience doing serious wheeling or rock crawling but love to explore and my Jeep has been great for this. I live in the GTA but have an off-grid spot near Bobcaygeon I use as a home base. I have jeep trails through my property but would love to explore more of the region. The trails in the area (five points) are more advanced and I don't feel comfortable going alone. I've joined O4FWD and will try a newbie run this summer. I would love to find someone to show me the area that I can do some trail runs with. My first purchases for the jeep were a winch and recovery gear so I am ready to play. I'd also like to do some bigger trips into Algoma and into Quebec. I often go mountain biking around Ottawa as well. Finding a fellow mountain biker would be a bonus!

See you on the trails!
Welcome! I used to be out in the five points system almost every weekend but lately have been taking trips elsewhere. The OF4WD is a great place to start and you will learn a lot on a newbie run. I know quite a of the guys and gals that lead them and they are great!
Ottawa Valley around Calabogie has some nice trails as well, as well as Arbeg further north. I have family around Parry Sound so I tend to head north more often than not for camp spots.

Also as a fellow Jeep guy, Nice rig! Lol

20210828_094116.jpg

Reactions: Fasttimes

Fasttimes

Rank I

Enthusiast I

Ontario, Canada
First Name
Marc
Last Name
Lando
Cheers @Red_Leaf_Overland I'm looking forward to getting out. My build is more of an overlander than a rock-crawler so I will have to ease into it and see what it's capable of. I mean, I know it's plenty capable, so it's more about what I'm comfortable with. I take plenty of risks on my bike so this is more about getting me there with some fun along the way. I'd like to challenge myself and the rig but sinking into a mud hole or getting turlted isn't the experience I'm after just yet. Looking forward to joining on some trail runs and discovering some new spots!

Very nice rig! That a long arm lift you have there, or just looks that way due to two door build?

Reactions: Red_Leaf_Overland

Coreymol

Local Expert, Texas USA

Guardian I

Boerne, Texas, United States
First Name
Corey
Last Name
Molinelli
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WREM781 on GMRS
Service Branch
Army

View attachment 223914

See you on the trails!
Welcome! and wow what an amazing photo!

Advocate I

Owen Sound, Ontario, Canada
First Name
James
Last Name
Girard
Member #

Cheers @Red_Leaf_Overland I'm looking forward to getting out. My build is more of an overlander than a rock-crawler so I will have to ease into it and see what it's capable of. I mean, I know it's plenty capable, so it's more about what I'm comfortable with. I take plenty of risks on my bike so this is more about getting me there with some fun along the way. I'd like to challenge myself and the rig but sinking into a mud hole or getting turlted isn't the experience I'm after just yet. Looking forward to joining on some trail runs and discovering some new spots!

Very nice rig! That a long arm lift you have there, or just looks that way due to two door build?
Ya it's got a long arm. To be honest I rarely get out to do any serious crawling anymore. I mostly use it to get back to camp sites that are a little further away from civilization than others choose. I pack light, bring extra fuel, tools and parts and load up the back with enough food and fishing gear for the weekend ( or however long).

Attachments

Reactions: Fasttimes