Launch Member

Enthusiast II

Ontario, Canada
First Name
GWN
Last Name
Overland
Member #

Hello, just wanted to say hi and introduce myself and get to know people from my area and in the forum. I got a 2020 Toyota 4Runner TRD Off-Road and I am very excited to do some mods to it and I look forward to Overlanding as far as the roads less travelled could take me. I also need truthful and honest professional services in Ontario who could help me with the mods. Newmarket Ontario does not have much services for mods and so I am reaching out here to get some advice and support from you guys who might have went through the same when they were starting up new.

Cheers,

Romes

Trail_pilot

Rank III

Enthusiast III

First Name
James
Last Name
Girard
Welcome! I live just down the highway in Keswick. I know there are Jeep and Ultra 4 applications in Newmarket but probably not much specific for Toyota builds. have you tried the local Facebook groups and 4 wheel drive groups to see what is available in the area?

Reactions: GWNOverland

GWNOverland

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast II

Ontario, Canada
First Name
GWN
Last Name
Overland
Member #

Welcome! I live just down the highway in Keswick. I know there are Jeep and Ultra 4 applications in Newmarket but probably not much specific for Toyota builds. have you tried the local Facebook groups and 4 wheel drive groups to see what is available in the area?
I did contact a few places but most of them only work on Jeeps or they do not have the required materials to be able to work on a 2020 4Runner. I have been looking and talking with fabrications places to see if I could end up with a design of my own. The overall exterior design does not have much changes and all and most components already available for 2019 could still work in 2020. However, the interior design is a bit more different than the 2019 and previous models. I am also thinking about reaching out to the US Market but this especially Arizona and Utah and California. I am thinking of attending the Overland Expo in Flagstaff and see what comes out of it.

Reactions: Trail_pilot

Big G

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Grants Pass, OR, USA
First Name
Gary
Last Name
Cloud
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7MZB
Hello, just wanted to say hi and introduce myself and get to know people from my area and in the forum. I got a 2020 Toyota 4Runner TRD Off-Road and I am very excited to do some mods to it and I look forward to Overlanding as far as the roads less travelled could take me. I also need truthful and honest professional services in Ontario who could help me with the mods. Newmarket Ontario does not have much services for mods and so I am reaching out here to get some advice and support from you guys who might have went through the same when they were starting up new.

Cheers,

Romes
Welcome to the OB community.

Trail_pilot

Rank III

Enthusiast III

First Name
James
Last Name
Girard
I did contact a few places but most of them only work on Jeeps or they do not have the required materials to be able to work on a 2020 4Runner. I have been looking and talking with fabrications places to see if I could end up with a design of my own. The overall exterior design does not have much changes and all and most components already available for 2019 could still work in 2020. However, the interior design is a bit more different than the 2019 and previous models. I am also thinking about reaching out to the US Market but this especially Arizona and Utah and California. I am thinking of attending the Overland Expo in Flagstaff and see what comes out of it.
The guys at CT motorsports may be able to help or at least point you int the right direction. I know them from being in the trail riding/rock crawling community. They are in Mississauga but work on a lot of Toyotas and do a lot of custom work. never dealt with them personally but may be worth a shot.

GWNOverland

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast II

Ontario, Canada
First Name
GWN
Last Name
Overland
Member #

The guys at CT motorsports may be able to help or at least point you int the right direction. I know them from being in the trail riding/rock crawling community. They are in Mississauga but work on a lot of Toyotas and do a lot of custom work. never dealt with them personally but maybe worth a shot.

I think I might have contacted them but I am not sure of that. I did contact a few places in and around the GTA area but most of them not ready for the 2020 4Runners. Now that the Coronavirus is on us, that makes it even more difficult to get to places especially like Overland Expo in Flagstaff. I planned to visit that place. I pray that what is best for society and people's wellbeing be the utmost choice. Rigs can always be rigged, if not today, then tomorrow LOL

Reactions: Trail_pilot

ahaverka

Rank 0

Contributor I

Listowel, ON, Canada
First Name
Arend
Last Name
Haverkamp
I just purchased some stuff from 4 wheel parts in Burlington. They are having a 10% storewide sale this weekend. It's not exactly door crasher deals but it's not bad either.

GWNOverland

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast II

Ontario, Canada
First Name
GWN
Last Name
Overland
Member #

Although most of the mods are still not made yet for my rig as I got a 2020 4Runner TRD Off-Road. There are some changes as I compared it to the 2019 model, the inside design is a bit different and some changes to the exterior areas as well. As soon as this COVID 19 things get out of the way, I have spoken to Aaron at 4WP and will be doing some mod work through them very soon.