New member from NWA (Northwest Arkansas)

• HTML tutorial

Jmmilton

Rank 0

Contributor I

First Name
James
Last Name
Milton
Hello. I joined a few months ago, but even in the midst of covid, work gets in the way.
I am a native of “The Natural State” and lover of all the unique features of Arkansas. By the way, it’s pronounced AR-KAN-SAW, not AR-KANSAS. We kept the French spelling from the Louisiana territory purchase in 1803. Living in NWA puts me in the Ozark Mountains and all of its areas to explore. Yes, we call them “mountains” even though the highest elevation in the state is 2753’. There is another mountain range located South of me named Ouachita, pronounced Wash-ah-taw. It provides miles and miles to explore. I’m sounding like an infomercial so I’ll stop now. Thanks for adding me.

Jmmilton

Rank 0

Contributor I

First Name
James
Last Name
Milton
Nice to meet you. Do you run the G.O.A.T. In NE Ok? I know it was originally for motorcycles but I hear they just remapped a route for 4X4s.

Reactions: Iwata77

Iwata77

US Multi Region Local Expert OK,KS, MO, AR, TX
Launch Member

Pathfinder II

Tulsa, Tulsa County, Oklahoma, United States
First Name
Kate
Last Name
Iwata
Member #

Nice to meet you. Do you run the G.O.A.T. In NE Ok? I know it was originally for motorcycles but I hear they just remapped a route for 4X4s.
I haven’t yet, it hasn’t been too jeep friendly. I stick to Disney and Colorado mostly. Heading to Byrds at the end of the month.

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hello. I joined a few months ago, but even in the midst of covid, work gets in the way.
I am a native of “The Natural State” and lover of all the unique features of Arkansas. By the way, it’s pronounced AR-KAN-SAW, not AR-KANSAS. We kept the French spelling from the Louisiana territory purchase in 1803. Living in NWA puts me in the Ozark Mountains and all of its areas to explore. Yes, we call them “mountains” even though the highest elevation in the state is 2753’. There is another mountain range located South of me named Ouachita, pronounced Wash-ah-taw. It provides miles and miles to explore. I’m sounding like an infomercial so I’ll stop now. Thanks for adding me.
Welcome To Overland Bound
Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planning page for trips being planned by members. These pages can be filtered by region.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
You are in the Southeast Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
Your Regional Director is @AdventureWithDanan . The closest Member Representative to you for local information is @BlueLineOverland in Ozark.
Quick adult & youthTread Lightly online awareness course.
https://www.treadlightly.org/learn/online-courses/
Tread Lightly! Youth Online Course